Monday, September 25, 2017

Simple Gift card set by Serendipity Stamps



Before you could sing:

It's raining, it's pouring - the old man is snoring!

I created this bright spunky gift set for a dear woman who is moving away and who will be missed by many many people.  She was one of the very first people who welcomed us when we moved here nearly 3 years ago.  Ilene was a checker in our local grocery store.  She was a very hard worker and always had a smile!!



I knew she would have lots of people to write to from her new home so I made this little collection of one-layer cards.



Each of the five cards started with polka dots from a stencil sponged over the negative of a circle I cut from vellum.  



Once the background was done I selected a series of simple little images from among my collection of great images by Serendipity Stamps.



Finally I selected some sentiments being careful to choose a variety of different ones and stamped them in black on each card face.



Easy Peasy and Ilene was thrilled!! I hope one day one of these little cards will show up in MY mailbox! as I would love to hear how she is adjusting to her new life and her new home : )

I know lots of people are having a "heat wave" right now but here in the Black Hills we are under cold and rainy skies!! brrrrr  I guess it could be worse.... it could be SNOW!  : )  ewww! bite my tongue!

That is all for me today.  I hope whatever you are doing you are getting inky!! : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:
Simple Flower Cling Stamp Set
I'd Never Forget You
Mailbox with Hearts
Hi There
Embroidered Bird Cling Stamp Set
Oops A Daisy Cling Stamp Set
It's a Special Day

13 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, cute set Patti and I'm sure very appreciated! Supposed to be a nice balmy 93 degrees here today...yuck! But yes, better than snow!!

Colleen said...

Patti, what a sweet and kind gesture to make all those wonderful cards and give them to your friend...they are all adorable and sweet, just like you! Have a great week! Heart Hugs, Colleen

sandie said...

What a beautiful set of cards, CAS perfection x

Linda said...

Such a pretty little CAS set. I'm playing catch up after being in Kauai for a week where it was so beautiful. Ahhhh paradise....

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet and thoughtful little gift for your friend! Of course she was thrilled, they're darling!!

Happy Dance said...

It's easy to see why Ilene loved these! She's made a lovely friend in you, and the cards are just as lovely! So sweet and delicate, and the varied polka dotted circles and stamps are fabulous. You're a good friend! Still hot here...ugh! Supposed to cool down a bit by the weekend. Bev

Birgit said...

What a darling set of cards and so thoughtful of you to gift them to your friend in her new home. Your CAS style is pure perfection Patti! Hope you get to enjoy a little more warmth before snow flies.

Bobby said...

What a thoughtful gift, Patti. The cards are simple but oh so lovely.

Mac Mable said...

What a thoughtful and beautiful thing to do for your friend. Such delicate and pretty cards. Love how they all started off with the polka dot delicate background. So kind and generous and she's going to love them!!!

Jeanne said...

You are so thoughtful and generous, Patti! I truly hope you get one of these lovely cards returned to you. Ilene is a lucky lady and sounds like everyone is a friend to her. I get the same sense from you as well. The ink blending on the background is wonderful, so soft and pretty! Thanks so much for sharing. :) Hugs!

Mary Dew Lee said...

What a great set of cards! I love the polka dots inside the circle - a very fun effect! And of course love all those Serendipity sentiments!

Carole Z said...

Beautiful set of cards Patti! Carole Z xx

cm said...

Such a wonderful gift set for your friend, who will absolutely love them, as do I! You are such a sweetheart! We had snow on Monday but it's melted. WHEW! Not ready for winter just yet!
Hugs~c