Tuesday, January 10, 2012

 
 
 
Some of my favorite peeps were born in May! 
 
For this layout I decided to make a quilt!  I learned this technique from Jennifer in a card swap this fall.  It is a very simple technique  - MUCH simpler!! than constructing a fabric quilt : ) I made this quilt in honor of my sister, Beverly : )
 
One thing I did not plan well with my quilt was the size of my quilt squares in regard to the size of the "Huggy Bella" image I wanted to use! Under the cute hugging friends is a lime green pinwheel! The pinwheel is a wonderful addition to the quilt but all that can be seen is the top right corner of the pinwheel.  Next time I would leave the pinwheel design off or else use a smaller image.  I considered peeling the green point of the pinwheel off but realized it would spoil the card so I decided to leave it alone.
 
I embossed the entire quilt with a Cuddlebug Folder, " Houndstooth". I also embossed the paper strip under the word May with the same folder.  I loved how Jennifer selected this folder because it makes the quilt look...  well,  "quilted"!! Brilliant idea : )
 
I computer generated the sentiment from one I read on-line. 
 
"Friends are like quilts - stitched together one piece at a time"
 
I hope you are enjoying my calendar as much as I am!
 
me.