Monday, May 9, 2016

The Challenge #72 Colours!

Happy Monday friends!! I hope all of you Moms and Grandmas out there had a wonderfully pampered day!!  I sure did!!



It is Monday and that means it is time for another fun challenge at The Challenge!  where I am blessed to be a guest designer this month : )  Lesley always selects such beautiful color combinations to inspire like this lovely one!!


I CASEd Kay Miller for my card design to join the Time Out Challenge.



First I applied some splatters from the"Snowing" stamp form Altenew.  Next I cut a square frame three times and glued it together for some nice depth.  Before attaching the square frame to my bard base I cut some flower sprays out of vellum and stamped just the stem and flower center from the stamp set.  On the reverse side of the vellum I applied bright yellow marker to give just a hint of color on the flower center.  I arranged the flowers over and under my frame and then attached it to my card.  Finally I cut and stamped my bird and popped it up with foam tape.  I wanted to pull in the dark Blue from Lesley's color line up so I used Pacific Point ink from SU for my sentiment.  Last but certainly not least! I applied Wink of Stella (love this product) to my bird and flowers for just the perfect amount of sparkle!

This card was given to my BFF yesterday while we played with paper together after a DELICIOUS! dinner she made for us : )

It's your turn!! please join us at The Challenge for this color challenge and then try your hand at CASEing Kay's card at Time Out.

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day : )

Patti

Bird and flowers from Spring Woods stamp set by PTI
Speckles from "Snowing" stamp set by Altenew
Square Frame.... : ( I think MFT?
Sentiment from Fillable Frames #4 by PTI

32 comments:

*Vicki* said...

So soft and pretty!! Great take on the challenge too! :) HUGS

Linda said...

Beautiful case of Kay's card, Patti.

ellyscard creatief said...

Very pretty cards.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh boy is this ever dreamy!! Beautifully done Patti. Those flowers look so delicate. Glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day!!

Colleen said...

Amazing card, Patti, awesome job casing Kay...she is a fun one to CAS for sure!

A splash of color said...

Patti such a nice card. I love the window and the vellum flowers.. so nice and soft. I'm glad you got this bird set its just a great one..

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your BFF is a very lucky girl to receive this gorgeous card!!!!!

Peanut said...

So pretty so delicate... so YOU! Love it, Patti.
x Asha

TaeEun said...

Wow!!! So soft and pretty, Patti! Love the vellum flowers and the bird sitting on them! Super creative combination of two challenges!

Marlena M. said...

Congrats on guest designing, Patti! I adore your delicate creation~

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful card. I love the soft colors and layout. And congratulations on being a guest designer. That is awesome!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Patti!

Marybeth said...

Stunning card Patti! Like everyone else I love the softness of this card! Uggg you and Nancy are enabling me to want this set ! Congratulations on your guest spot .....again:) everyone wants you for their guest :) because you are amazing!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is soooo beautiful, Patti, so light and ethereal!!

Joyce said...

This is so very pretty. I recognized it as a CASE of Kay's the moment I saw it. I adore it with the bird, and those flowers are so pretty and subtle. Great splatters, too. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out this week.

Nance said...

Patti, this is so beautiful! Just love the softness and how that gorgeous bird stands out! Have a wonderful week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful card - excellent CASE!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful...I love your sweet little bird and your take on Kay's wonderful card. Really makes the sweetest Mother's Day card.

Unknown said...

Love this card Patti. Really want to try it. Have been busy last week on house and have to make my derby hat for this weekend. No time for paper:( Sorry I have not commented on a few cards but know that you do a great job and I love them all. When things settle down I might just case your cards cause I really do love them!

Marcia Hill said...

Such a pretty card Patti! This one would definitely make Kay proud and I think I may have to CASE you with the bird...LOVE it!! :0)

Nancy said...

I am back form my quick trip and wanted to see what you have been up to! Just love the softness of your card and that gorgeous bird! Super job as always!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, your card is so delicate and soft and beautiful! Love that subtle shading on the frame.

Manuela said...

very beautiful card! lovely bird and great soft blue ombre frame

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty - a wonderful CASE!

Anita in France said...

So gorgeous, Patti ... delicate, soft, dreamy ... simply lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Jill said...

I just found you through this post on the challenge site and I am so glad I did! Your cards are awesome! I see you live in the Black Hills-- me too. :) I am the social media director for Penny Black stamps and would like to contact you via email about an opportunity. You should be able to access my email from this comment if you'd like to email me I can send you more details. You can also find me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/jill.a.foster.7 Thanks!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow what a beautiful card Patti! So pretty and delicate - great take on your inspiration card :)

Taunya Butler said...

Oh My GOODNESS - this card is filled with beauty and goodness!! Love the softness of color and the absolutely beautiful styling of it!! You are amazing - take care!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so soft and deliciously girly, Patti! So glad to have you playing along with us at The Challenge!

Elizabeta Kushner said...

Great work! Thank you for playing with us at TO Challenge!

sandie said...

Congrats on winning at Time Out Patti. If you want to be a Guest Designer for us see the post today for how to do this. We would love you to join us xx

I Card Everyone said...

That little Finch deserves the top spot, Patti!!! Oh how cute is he?? Congratulations!!
=]