Monday, June 13, 2016

Fun with Ziggy

Hello friends : ) I am back after a wonderful birthday visit with my granddaughter.  After she left I found I was so sad!! The only thing I don't like about moving to South Dakota is the people we had to leave behind! I am not sure when I will be able to see her again and that sort of knocked the stuffing out of me!!



We dragged her all over the Black Hills.  Here we are on my birthday at Bear Country USA.  We were really wore out after she left. I know, at least for me, part of my exhaustion was emotional : (

I've finally gotten to play with my new Zig water color markers my husband kept from me until my actual birthday! giggles!! I never thought either of us would be able to wait LOL




I've found them super easy to use and while I have a lot of improvement to do especially where lighting and color matching are concerned I think the product is outstanding and I'm so blessed to own them!

For this card I masked off a diagonal for my stencil and then applied the Washi Tape and sentiment.  Next I stamped my flower on water color paper, outline only, in Versamark and then heat embossed the image using Gold Embossing Powder.  I colored the flower with my Zigs then fussy cut it out.  I stamped two of the three step stamp process for the leaves with green ink on water color paper but for the final stamp I again used Versamark and embossed it with Gold Embossing Powder.  I fussy cut the leaves as well.  I stamped some light sprigs of greenery directly on to the card face. : ) Finally I bumped up my flower with foam tape and tucked my leaves underneath.



I will enter this card in the AAA Cards: Game 66 WATERCOLOR!

Saturday I got to meet some new friends who are talented paper crafters! I will share more about our visit in my next post.

Thank you again, friends, for all the sweet birthday wishes both in your comments and in the "real live" cards that showed up in my snail mail box!!

I am well blessed!

Have a great day!

Patti

Supplies:
Beautiful Day stamps by Altenew
Zigs and Zags stencil by Penny Black
Sentiment from "Oriental" by Penny Black
Gold Washi Tape from Michaels

24 comments:

Mac Mable said...

So glad you are back...missed your creative inspiration. Also so glad you had a fabulous time with your grand daughter...memories to last a life time. Gorgeous card today and beautiful colouring and loving those zigs xxx I had a fabulous relaxing time away.... missed being creative but enjoyed very much catching up on all the blogs x Itching to go now.....

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY!! You are coloring like a pro with those Zigs:)) A birthday gift WE All get to enjoy! Thank your husband for me.

Linda said...

Gorgeous card Patti. Awesome job with your Zigs.

*Vicki* said...

What a stunning card Patti!! I love your photo too! :) HUGS

Lisa Elton said...

So sorry you're sad Patti. But I'm happy you had the time with your granddaughter to create beautiful memories. I love the picture of the three of you, so cute! Your card is gorgeous and so feminine! I need to come visit so you can give me lessons with the Zigs. I just can't get the hang of them, so frustrating!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Patti! It sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your granddaughter - what a beautiful photo of the 3 of you! The Zig markers are a fabulous gift from hubby and you have used them beautifully on your card. I thought I read there was a bit of a learning curve with these, but it is not evident in your gorgeous colouring!

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness this is a stunner! I could use that comment over and over on our blog, Patti! Beautiful way to use the Zigs. I am sorry for you heavy heart and I so know how you feel. What a beautiful picture of you all! Hugs to you

sandie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday. Your water colouring is stunning. Thanks for joining AAA

Jane said...

Congrats on your win at AAA Cards, don't forget to contact me!

Birgit said...

This is stunning Patti, and this was your first time using zigs? Girl, you are an amazing talent! I'm glad your birthday visit with your granddaughter was filled with many blessings. It's so hard to say good-bye. I love visiting my son and his wife out in Ohio, but it's oh, so hard to part. Sending you a big (HUG))!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing that sweet photo! I adore that you are standing in front of the gorgeous wagon, too, with all the flowers. I'm sure saying good-bye to someone so special was exceptionally hard. Hugs for that. Congrats on receiving those watercolor pens. Looks like you are a pro at them already. What a gorgeous card! I'll bet you took her inspiration from those lovelies in the photo. :) So many lovely details on the card. Wow! Hugs!!

Beth F. said...

I am sorry that you are missing your family so much. I know I would be too if I moved away. I have such a great support system!

You card is absolutely gorgeous! I love that flower.

Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Great card Patti. Love the gold embossing, such a gentle touch. Love the coloring. Perfectly soft and beautiful. I just ordered some Prismas, stumps and blending pencils. I watch a great video with about 8 different ways to blend with pencils and cant wait to try some! Baby oil!! Vaseline!! LMK if you want to watch the video I will send the link. Love your coloring... inspired me to order Prismas!

Taunya Butler said...

Your card is simply lovely, as lovely as can be!! And awesome work using the Ziggy's!! So impressed with you and so VERY GLAD you had some time with your granddaughter!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful photo of all of you. I am so glad you enjoyed her visit and I know how emotional one can be when the ones we love have to leave us again. I get that way especially when my son's family go back to Japan. But now to your card. I love the pretty coloring of your flower and the gold touch is perfect with it. I love my Zigs and am always grabbing them lately.

Melissa L. said...

Simply lovely, Patti! What more need I say?! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. :)

Jen Mitchell said...

You'll be a whiz with those Zigs in no time, I'm sure! Your first attempt is pretty awesome. Your flower is shaded so beautifully.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely water colored flower!

Nancy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and time with your granddaughter! I understand your sadness for sure! Hold onto those memories! Your card is incredible for the first time using your zig markers. I was thinking about biting the Copic bug and now I am wondering if I should re-think it and perhaps try Zigs! I think I will give it sometime. My mom always said to sleep on it...LOL Take care!

cm said...

What a marvelous, filled-with-love-and-smiles photo you've shared with us! I don't have children of my own, but a niece and nephew (6 and 4) who I adore as you do your grand-daughter! My husband and I live four hours away, so I can relate to the feelings of loneliness and 'absence' that distance creates. Hopefully, she'll be back for a visit soon! Your card: gorgeous! Looks like you've mastered the Zigs at the word 'go' (I'm still struggling with them...more about the 'user' than the markers *grin*)
Hugs~c

Peanut said...

What a blessing that you got to spend time with your precious grand daughter. I think she has your smile!
Lovey card, Patti. You inspire me wth your simple yet elegant design. I try and recreate but then spoil it by adding everything but the kitchen sink on mine. Oh well... I'm a work in progress... still! :)
hugs, Asha

Lynne in NI said...

Such a beautiful photo, definitely one to be printed and framed!
Well done DH for getting you such a fab pressie, I reckon you may have dropped a hint or two? LOL ;)

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous family photo...just love it! And your card is just as wonderful.

Oreety said...

An absolutely gorgeous card...saving as inspiration (to be cased) later! :)