Monday, September 26, 2016

September 2016 Challenge with Birgit and Marcia

I love Mondays! because I love fresh starts : ) Today is especially fun because it is time for another challenge from Birgit, Marcia and me! : ) In these challenges we challenge one another to use specific products previously decided upon.  It is so much fun to see the different ways we each use the same stamp set(s).  This month we have selected Papertrey Ink's "Forget-Me-Not", anything from Betsy's "Inspired" series and Spring and/or Winter Woods.  Then just because we wanted it to be really fun we opened it up to add "anything goes" as needed LOL.



I created this card for a remarkable friend!  She loves birds : ) and loves people.  She has truly touched my life in too many ways to count. She came in when the world went out during one of the darkest times I've ever faced and has been there for me faithful ever since! : )   I like to keep her supplied in birds heeheehee

I started out by making a mask with painters tape on my water color paper.  I didn't know you could do a mask on watercolor paper without it bleeding under the mask but you can! : ) I painted the background with my Ziggys and immediately removed the tape.  Worked like a charm : )  You can't see it here but the bird and all the leaves are coated with Wink of Stella : ) it is super pretty IRL



I tried a technique on this card that I have not used very much. I colored my image lightly with Ziggys directly on the stamp then stamped it on the paper.  It was super light but still dark enough that I was able to follow the lines of the flowers and hand paint with Zigs on the paper.  I laid down the color on the edges of each flower and then went in from the center with a water brush to "go and get" some color : )   My friend Stacy showed me this technique and I love the look you get. I did the same thing with the leaves and flower centers.  I added a lot of water to my background and then painted in a color wash.  I really love how this turned out.



I'm not wild about this card for some reason.  I began by using a stencil to create my wooded background on the left.  Then I just put the rest together : )  Maybe the woods are not defined enough... or the "blue sky"??




I began with a piece of Kraft card stock and stamped the image in Versamark ink.  Next I applied some pearl powder over the Versamark ink for a shimmery "water mark". Next I laid two stamped and colored  floral dies over the top of the watermark. The two dies are separated with some foam tape.  There is really a pretty shimmery shadow peeking out.  I glued the "Grace" down and went around the die with Wink of Stella to keep the shimmery shadow thing going : )   I attached a tiny trim at the bottom and then glued it to an embossed card base - using foam tape : )



This is one of the first cards I made for this challenge and I am pleased with the outcome : ) I began by cutting out flowers and inking them up with their three-part stamping process.  Each time I inked the stamp I sptitzed it with a fine misting of water before stamping on to the die cut.  I didn't let the water dry before adding the next layer of color so it kind of bled and looks very water color-y : ) After they dried I glued the colored die cuts directly to the card base.  Where the flower hung off the side I just trimmed it after the glue dried.  It isn't easy to see in the photo but I scored three lines along the far right side of the left panel before attaching my sentiment.  This panel is popped up with foam tape.





These are 12 x 12 Scrapbook pages that I did for my SIL and BIL's 50th wedding anniversary.  My husband's other sisters created a memory book for them and this is my contribution to that book.  I almost never photo anything this size so the pictures are horrible but because I did these this month - using the Forget-Me-Not stamp and dies I figured I would share. : ) The background pages are cream.  That gold glare is a beautiful gold foil paper I cut up and used.  Again, photographed horribly but I think you can see the beautiful pattern in the paper.  This was a really elegant looking layout using the Forget-Me-Not set colored in shades of soft yellow - embellished with Liquid Gold paint tipped leaves.  My SIL's main wedding color, 50 years ago, was yellow which was really nice of her because it worked well with the gold in my layout : )  The words on the page are personal memories written for them.



Last but not least a Sympathy card.  I started out stenciling the soft background -  cut the flower dies and the "Forgotten" sentiment and glued them all on to the card face.  This is such an easy card - made so by these wonderful products.  : )

I will be joining these two challenges - I hope you will join me! : )

AAA Cards Challenge: Masking


House of Cards Challenge - Add a Bird and/or colors


This is it for me today.  I know you are going to want to visit both Marcia and Birgit to see how they have met the challenge this month! : )

Thank you so much for stopping by : ) I hope you get to do something fun! today!! Our friends are here from Wisconsin and we are going to go bike riding!! and then head out for a picnic at a spectacular "hidden" picnic site on a beautiful lake where we'll be making a fire to sing around and hopefully! roast some marshmallows : )

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:

Card #1
Quilted Autumn stamp set by PTI
Spring Woods by PTI
Stitched Mats: Rectangles by Lil' Inkers Designs
Treasured Sentiments by Penny Black

Card #2
Forget-Me-Not by PTI
Inspired: Praise stamp set and die by PTI

Card #3
Noted: Scallop A2 die collection by PTI
Stitched Mats: Ovals by Lil' Inkers
"Aspen Trees" Stencil by The Crafters Workshop
Spring Woods by PTI
Inspired: Faith die by PTI

Card #4
Edge Essentials die by Reverse Confetti
Inspired: Grace die by PTI
"Decorative Tile Set" Embossing folder by Cuttlebug
Spring woods by PTI

Card #5
Forget-Me-Not by PTI
Inspired: Praise by PTI

Scrapbook pages
Forget-Me-Not by PTI
Dancing Leaves by Penny Black
Liquid Leaf "Classic Gold" by Plaid Enterprises, Inc.
Gold Foil pp from Michael's Stores
Bow & String die from Poppystamps

Card #6
Noted: Scallop A2 die collection by PTI
Forget-Me-Not by PTI
Forget-Me-Not die "Forgotten" by PTI
Polka Dot Stencil by My Favorite Things


27 comments:

Hannelie said...

Wow! They are all truly amazing!
Have a great week Patti!

Birgit said...

Wow! wOW! and WOW! Patti, these are all so amazing!! I knew you'd blow this challenge out of the water and you did! Each card is a work of art all on its own. You are so gifted and talented, I'm embarrassed to have you look at my cards. I love the water color techniques you used and so want to try to re-create these. How do you get your zig colors to come out so soft? Mine are always BOLD... Too bold. Thanks so much for the fun challenge this month and for joining Marcia and I. Can't wait to see what we come up with for next month. ;0)

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Patti! So much to love in this post. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous. You have a way with stamping that ends up in visually stunning works of heart. I'm so impressed. What a dear friend you have as well. So happy she was there for you when you needed her most. Happy you got to have a fun adventure with friends, too. Sounds like a spectacular weekend. Hugs!! :)

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my...where do I even start Patti! EVERY card is simply GORGEOUS!! I especially love that you used mostly pastels which is so hard for me...I feel like everything looks so washed out when I try it, but your colors seem so peaceful and serene! I love the card where you used your zigs directly to the stamp first on the flowers...the result is SOOOO beautiful!! You really rocked this challenge girl and like Birgit, I am going to have to CASE a few of these! I'm so glad you suggested all these sets to use as this really was a fun challenge! Can hardly wait to see what we come up with next month!! Have a super fun day with your friends today too...raining here so darn, guess I'll have to stay in my craft room!! :0)

*Vicki* said...

Holy moly lady!! You've been SUCH a busy busy stamping bee lately!! ALL of these creations are amazing my friend!! They all have your fabulous soft touch with the colors and elegance to them! I have to say that the pretty little Fall bird is speaking to me and singing me a Fall song! :) Thanks for sharing your inspiration and hope you have a great time with your friends! HUGS

Jerrie said...

Patti, your cards look like they came off the rack at Hallmark! The bird cards are wonderful and I love your backgrounds. What a great contribution to a 50th. I bet they will love it!
Wowza...you got ALOT done!!

Linda said...

Patti, what beautiful, stunning cards. I love the softness of them. Your gals have all done an outstanding job on this challenge.

LauraJane:) said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL parade of cards today! I especially like card #2 ...your hand painted with Zigs forget-me-nots are so pretty! Hope you took the making for S'MOREs... "nice hot Smoes" is what we call them:)

I Card Everyone said...

What a spectacular gallery here today, Patti! Wow! I really like the card with your darling gold finch - I couldn't find one thing that isn't perfect! Of course, I am a bird lover, too, so the inspiration photo at House of Cards is intriguing to me! Off to visit your friends... happy visiting/biking!
=]

A splash of color said...

Your cards are always so bright and CAS I love them.. I am so happy for you that you had that special friend when times got so hard it was hard to breathe.. love you lots Susan

Lisa Elton said...

What a treat you've posted for all of us Patti!! Each and every card is beautiful, I love the soft colors and lovely designs. The zigs directly to the stamp is a fantastic technique, what pretty results. The faith card that you aren't crazy about is especially pretty! I think the soft sky and woods in the background is beautiful and lets the pretty little bird be the focus!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are all absolutely gorgeous, Patti! Each and every one is beautiful! My favourite is the first card!

clelie said...

I have a favorite or two, but every card you did is incredibly wonderful!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

All of these projects are so beautiful and I love how you get such soft pastel looks with them. But the first one with the birds is a bit brighter and I do especially love how that one turned out. It is super gorgeous!

Marybeth said...

My gosh what gorgeous cards you have created ! So much beauty in one blog post! You girls should all be designing for Papertrey Ink Love the last pink card and the Grace card colors are stunning! Wow!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all so gorgeous, Patti!

Joyce said...

Oh, wow. What a fantastic post. So many stunning creations. I love them all. I almost never use soft colors, and your cards show me that I should be a little more open minded. What a fun challenge you guys have going.

Nancy said...

There is so much marvelousness in this post...I don't know where to start! Not sure that is a word...but I am going with it! I adore each and everyone of them..even the one you are not to fond of. You can so soft and elegant like no-bodies business my friend! Outstanding post!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Gorgeous bunch of cards. Beautiful job with all of the masking. Particularly love the first one for that. Beautiful collection of muted colored creations. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards!

TaeEun said...

Beautiful set of cards, Patti! They are all so pretty in soft pastel colors! I can't believe you watercolored the background of the first card! so perfectly blended!!! Love the elegant and beautiful scrapbook page, too! Love every project here!

Colleen said...

Patti, you are simply amazing and your works of art are the same. You are so inspiring! I am playing catch up after having a house guest for three weeks, so behind, but had to come to your pages especially, no I ust see wht you two cohorts have done with the same stamps!! Safe and fun journey for your!! Heart Hugs, col

Unknown said...

What a glorious collection of cards! Love them all! Thank you for joining our Challenge at the House of Cards. Ruza, HOC-Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Lynne in NI said...

Woweeee Patti, these are all so pretty! I could quite happily CASE every single one of them ;) Thanks for the tip about the watercolour panel, I've never tried it as I'd assumed it just wouldn't work, so I'm definitely going to give it a go!

Nancy Penir said...

Patti, loved the theme for this month's post. Simply wonderful! Such beautiful cards and even scrapbook pages. Well done! So much to case, going back to study and get more ideas from all of them. Hugs!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Patti, this is absolutely amazing set of cards! So tender and beautiful. Love the way you played with images and die cuts. Thank you so much for sharing with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!!! The first layout I have seen of yours in..... lets say..... 10 years or so???? I remember you made amazing pages and so glad you had a chance to sneak these in and shared them with us. I love all your work and I miss your pages!! You were my teacher and I feel that is a subject (layouts) that you have failed to teach me. We have always done cards. Any chance there will be more layouts in your future? Love you sis!
By the way I also love the "not forgotten" card. It is very sweet.

cm said...

Breath taken away with the gorgeous array of cards/projects you've shared! Each one is special in its own way; each one infused with your signature touches and the 'joy' of creating! Your first, designed for your friend, is the highlight! How blessed you are that she was your strength and support when you needed it most; how blessed she is to have such a deep, valued friend in you! Her card is stunning; it truly does emanate 'love'...
Hugs~carol