Thursday, May 25, 2017

Seize The Birthday Something Sweet

This is my second post for the day.  If you are looking for my Penny Black sneak peek for my Simplicity sister's post please click here : ) 





Hello friends : )   I would like to invite you to join us for another SWEET challenge at Seize The Birthday challenge blog!



Our theme for the next two weeks is: "Something Sweet" But as always with STB challenges "Anything always Goes" as long as it is a Birthday Card! I hope you will enter your birthday theme cards in the gallery we love seeing you there!



I had a wonderful time visiting my family in Florida.  My Dad was unexpectedly scheduled for knee replacement surgery a few days before we arrived so our visit was mostly done at a Rehabilitation Hospital.

My fondest childhood memories included singing around the camp fire!  We couldn't take Dad to a campfire sing-along so we brought the sing-a-long to him : )


Shucks! I can't figure out how to get a clip of my Dad singing to play in this post : (  Perhaps you might like to try this link:  Merry Oldsmobile to hear my dear ol' Dad!  I hope this works.  I can see it on my computer but when I try to look at it on my phone it doesn't work.  Let me know if you can see it : )

Edited to add: NOPE! guess it doesn't work.  I will see if I can get some help and post the link in my next post : ) 

My time in Florida was way too short and with my Dad in the hospital I didn't have the flexibility I had thought I would so it turns out I was not able to meet up with any blogger friends, Nancy and Helen, again this trip : ( That was the only bad part about my trip but we'll try again next time!! Sigh.

Don't forget to hop over to the Seize The Birthday challenge blog and see all the sweetness the talented Design Team has created!

Have a great day.

Patti

Supplies:

Dress Up Dolls Basic by Papertrey Ink
Dress Up Dolls: Let's Bake by Papertrey Ink
What The Doodle: Piece of Cake by Papertrey Ink

20 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Glad the visit to see your family in Florida went well even though your dad was in hospital. The link to the singing doesn't work on my computer...sorry x Such a fun card, perfectly CAS and the perfect layout x

Linda said...

Love your little baker peeking out of your card. So cute.

Marcia Hill said...

You are on a roll girl...two great cards in one day! LOVE how you have that little guy peeking around the corner...too cute! Sounds like you had a good time in Florida even if it didn't go the way you planned and I'm sure your dad was thrilled you were there!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

This is THE cutest card I've seen today!! Love this little chef peeking out and the way you've colored him. Glad you had a nice visit with you family. Hope you dad is up and around soon!!

Birgit said...

What a darling card! I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit with your dad. I so wish I could have heard him sing. What joy and a wonderful memory that you shared. Be well, dear friend!

I Card Everyone said...

OH is he the cutest! What a great birthday card, Patti!
Though less than perfect, it was so wonderful for your dad to have his girls with him, right? I DO LOVE a singalong! Work on that video, please!
=]

OH Babs said...

Sweet birthday card. Sorry your trip didn't go quite as planned, but you have fond memories nevertheless. Happy Memorial Day!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a cute and adorable card you created. I just love that little guy peeking around the edge of the panel. So sorry your Dad was in the hospital but hope all went well with his surgery and regardless of that I hope your visit still was a good one. Sorry I could not see him singing...I hope you can get it to work next post.

Carole Z said...

This is just the sweetest card Patti! Glad you enjoyed your trip, even though your dad was in hospital, hugs Carole Z X

Darnell said...

I'm all about that sediment, Patti! Darling card! I'm glad you had a great time visiting your Dad!! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

We will try to meet one another again.... don't you worry! The important part is you saw your dad and your family! Love that your dad is a singer! Warms my heart! Have a blessed day!

Nancy said...

Opps......Your card is sensational too! I have to ask...what are those dots? Real sprinkles? If so..well done!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely adorable card!! That little boy peeking out absolutely stole my heart!! Love it!!
xx Ashwini

Barbara said...

I love this lovely card. My grandson will be 13 and I think it would be a good one for him. Simply perfect. I was not able to get the video of your dad. Too bad. Sounded like fun.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww that was bad timing for your Dad's op, though I'm sure he was glad to have you all around! Hope he's on the mend :)
Super cute card, love those rosy cheeks!

Bobby said...

I love that little cook peeking out from your card, Patti. I'm sorry your vacation didn't include visits with blog friends but I'm sure your Dad appreciated you being with him. I wish I had thought to record my Dad singing. He was a riot, singing a lot of old Boy Scout song but one of his favorites was "If Your Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands."

JoAnn said...

Love your card with that cute baker peeking out.
I tried the link for the video also but couldn't get it. Hope you will be able to post it later.

Glenda J said...

This is CAS perfection. Absolutely love it.

TaeEun said...

What a brilliant design to the Toppings option!!! I can imagine all kind of sweet things hidden behind the front panel :)! So glad you had a wonderful time with family in Florida!!! Happy belated Birthday, Patti :)!!!

shirley-bee said...

Love the little cook peeking out around the card, Patti! Hop e you had a lovely birthday 🎉 🎂