Friday, September 28, 2018

Hope You're on the Mend

Hello friends : )



I pulled out some nifty products that a friend recently gave me to make this card.  I sketched the flower, from one of my Watercolor books, on to a 2.5 x 3.5" Matboard Square from Inchie Arts.  I painted it using Shimmerz Paint (which leaves a totally cool - shimmery finish).  The Matboard is not water color paper but because I only used a small amount of water it handled it fine without damaging the surface or causing it to warp.

I think I am figuring out that Inchie Arts is no longer in business which is really sad! because I liked the outcome of painting on this Matboard but perhaps another Matboard is available out there that would work just as nicely. I'll have to investigate : )

Have a wonderful weekend friends!! : )

Supplies:
Sentiment by Papertrey Ink (so sorry I cannot log on to PTI's site any longer because of my ANCIENT computer : ( but I'm guessing you should not have any trouble finding it if you want it.  It may be called "Stuck on You" if I remember correctly : ))

Inklingz "She Packs a Punch" by Shimmerz
Creameez " Piggy Pink" by Shimmerz

Art Squares from Inchie Arts LLC



BIG (((HUGS)))








16 comments:

Patti said...

Have a great day! and thanks for stopping by! : )

Patti

Jeanne said...

This is gorgeous, Patti. The soft colors are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I hope you can find more mat board. I don't know of the company, but so sorry it isn't available to you anymore. Have a wonderful weekend.

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection and absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend! LOVE the soft colors!! :0)

Nora Noll said...

This is so delicate looking. Totally Beautiful!!

*Vicki* said...

Wow what a very soft and pretty design! I absolutely love this and your CAS design looks so professional! Beautifully done! P.S. Stop by to check out my give away! HUGS

Linda said...

Patti, love this soft and gorgeous card. So beautiful my friend.

Vikki H said...

Your touch is amazing! The soft, dreamy look to your florals says, "I care." What a talent!!

Mac Mable said...

So very beautiful and so artsy...one to frame I think xxx

LauraJane:) said...

This is Beautiful Patti! And with SHIMMERZ Paints too.
I do believe some of those inchie art boards are in my stash....:)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love it and I am always amazed on how soft a touch you have when it comes to the coloring. I never can get that look it seems. I usually mess up and have to keep going darker.

Bobby said...

What a beautiful soft look to your watercoloring, Patti.

Loll said...

Soft and delicate with an etheral look, Patti! This is a gorgeous card sending love and get well wishes. xx

Colleen said...

Patti, I have a little box of inchies, that is sad they are no longer in business, I bought mine at Impress in Seattle...I wonder if they still have some at least until they are all sold out?? Your soft background is stunning. And a beautiful font for the sentiment! So glad to see you back on the blog! Happy weekend friend!

Birgit said...

Soft and lovely, Patti! A real masterpiece!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness Patti, this is delicate and perfectly dreamy! A lovely work of art!

Kim Heggins said...

this is absolutely beautiful!