Thursday, November 30, 2017

Christmas Cactus

 I love this striking image from Serendipity Stamps.  Because it has such stunning detail I like leaving it uncolored or only minimally colored so the fine details show through.   If you look closely you will see that I embossed the card face with a falling snow folder from Stampin Up. So even though you can't feel the prickles on this cactus hope your eyes feel the dimensions I created! : )




I stamped my sentiment on Vellum and secured it on the inside : )



Now that I see the card against my red backdrop I feel like I might need to add a touch of red because I kind of like how the pop of red looks with the white, black and gray in the card. : )

That's it for me today.  I can't believe tomorrow is December 1st! where did 2017 go?  : )

Thank you for stopping by I hope you have a great day.

Patti

Supplies:
Cactus Flower
Thinking of You


9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

So elegant and very striking. The dry embossing on the background looks great with that fabulous image x

Craftychris said...

So gorgeous! Love the embossing in the background. xxx

Lisa Elton said...

That is a lovely detailed image! This is a wonderful card Patti. And I agree with the pop of red!!

I Card Everyone said...

hello!! Embossed. Gray. AND vellum??? Be still my heart!!
It is a gorgeous card, Patti!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card...love that wonderful cactus!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so beautiful! You took a black and white design and made it look so fabulous with the embossed panel and white background. I often find that hard to achieve but you did an awesome job!

Jeanne said...

Such a beautiful card! Simple and pure!

TaeEun said...

The cactus flower image is really gorgeous, Patti! Great layout and I love that you added the embossing on the background! I agree with adding something red but I think it is more elegant without red :)!

cm said...

Striking and eye-catching as is, Patti; love the star-of-the-stage cactus!
Hugs~c