Saturday, November 18, 2017

Textured Snow

Hello ladies : ) I have a card I created that reminds me of something you would see on a vintage post card.  I started with a red card base and then layered the "Swirl Cuts Background" cut from white cs on top because I thought it would be a good representation of the smoke and snow sure to be swirling when this train whizzes by!  I colored the train with my Prisma pencils and shaded with Gamsol.  Next I decided to add some texture with Snow-Tex and I really like how it turned out.   Have you ever used this product? It is water soluble and dries hard and gives a really nice texture to snow! 


I finished it off with a snippet of Holly from another stamped image and tied it in with some Baker's Twine.  So pretty and festive and yet masculine I think : )

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you are having a great weekend!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:
Swirl Cuts Background Die
Snow-Tex by DecoArt

13 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I LOVE the train and your coloring is perfect. BEAUTIFUL design!

Ela said...

Hi Patti,

the texture is so beautiful, wonderful card.

Hugs
Ela

Jen Mitchell said...

Love the imagery of the smoke and snow behind the train. Such a clever idea. And the colorful train is such a stand-out!

Lisa Elton said...

WOW is this ever amazing Patti! Love the pop of red among all of the frosty snow. Beautifully done, love this!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card! I love the vintage feel and the texture you achieved with the die cut background and the snow. Wonderful work, my friend!

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful scene you've created on this card Patti! I just love the bright red train and snow and the textured snow swirls...lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is an awesome scene and I love the snow you added with the Snow-Tex. I had never heard of that product before but it sure makes a realistic looking snow. You did a wonderful job making this masculine card design.

Vikki H said...

The vintage style is very evident with your image but that gorgeous background of swirly cuts sets it in current time. I love this, Patti! with your touch of holly and the red against black & white you've created a stunner! Happy thanksgiving!

Mary Dew Lee said...

Love your idea of using the Swirl Cut Background die to represent the snow and smoke! Wonderful card!

Mac Mable said...

No I have never used this product but will investigate...Thank you for the inspiration on this vintage and gorgeous card x

Carole Z said...

Love this! The red train really pops! I use a similar snow product on some mixed media and love it, hugs Carole Z X

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, your swirly BG is just perfect for your fab image. Love your snowy effect too :)

cm said...

Beautiful train that creates a desire to pack my bags and go on a road trip! Your snow is marvelous!
Hugs~c