Friday, November 16, 2018

Fun Friday with Patti & Penny

Hello friends : )

Who could dread winter when it is associated with little darlings like these? : )

I did some masking and polka dotting for my cards today.  On the first card I stamped my sweet polar bear and then covered him up with a mask.  Next I masked off a center section with some Post It™ tape (love that stuff!) then I sponged some blue dye ink around the perimeter of the opening before sponging over my stencil to make polka dots appear.   I pulled off all the masks and stamped my sentiment in the same ink I used to sponge with.  I did some real pale highlights on the bear and then wrapped him in a robe of Wink of Stella from head to toe!



For my second card I masked off a section on the left side of the card and lightly sponged some pink and LIME green (not yellow like it looks in the picture).  Then I stamped my fun scene and colored it ever so lightly.  Wink of Stella made it's way to this card as well. *wink* Then as if to wrap up my card like a present I glued on two narrow strips of card stock, added a bow and a snowflake and put it in the Christmas card pile! : )

I am making good progress on my cards this year but still have oh so many more to make! How is your Christmas card making task coming along?



Both of these cards were created with an adorable stamp set called "Christmas Bunch" from Penny Black's new Welcome Winter 2018 release.  Check out the entire new release HERE.



That is it for me today.  I am going to set my card making aside for a few days and focus on a watercolor painting I've been working on for a couple of weeks.  I am painting a sprig of Cherry Blossoms for a friend's December wedding gift.  It is coming along nicely but I'm struggling with finding the right mix of color for the leaves.  They are a reddish orange color and I can't seem to find it in my pallet no matter what combination of colors I mix.  I will share a picture of it when I finish it. : )

Have a great weekend!

BIG (((HUGS)))






All supplies by Penny Black:
Christmas Bunch #30-520
A Blizzard #51-268
Dotlets Stencil #25-007

18 comments:

Patti said...

Why does a milking stool only have 3 legs?....

.... Because the cow has the utter.

LOL! What can I say? I don't write these! giggles

Thanks a bunch for stopping by!

(((Hugs)))

Jeanne said...

Haha! Love the joke. We need more gentle humor these days, that is for sure. Patti you are so sweet and talented. I absolutely adore your first card. It is just so charming and delightful. I think you have the best touch for adding just a hint of color. I'm sure the Wink of Stella helps that sweet bear shine and sparkle. Your second card is equally delightful. Your coloring is wonderful and I love the touch of adding the cardstock strips with the bow. Fabulous work! Good luck with your watercoloring. I hope you can find the shade you need. I will look forward to seeing the masterpiece when you are done. Hugs! Happy Thanksgiving if you don't post before then. :)

Birgit said...

Sweetness abounds in todays post Patti. Your two cards are pure delight!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my goodness Patti...could these cards be any sweeter?! I love how you add just a hint of color and how your CAS is still so full of detail! The masking on both cards to add the polka dots is fabulous! LOVE both of these ADORABLE cards...you can send either one my way if you don't know who to send them to! :0)

Diane said...

What pretty designs Patti, the masking and polka dots are perfect.

Hugs Diane

Linda said...

I love the soft looks of your two cards, Patti. They are so pretty.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my...there is an abundance of sweetness here Patti! Now you would think those polka dots would be my favorite element, but that precious little bear has me smitten! Can't wait to see your painting!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks for the joke. And I love the cards you made too. Wonderful soft colors. The images are so darling.

Barbara said...

Pattie, This is a great way to added color to your CAS cards. Love the adorable bear with all of the sparkles. The cute Christmas scene is so sweet as well. A quick way to make amazing cards for the Holiday season.

I Card Everyone said...

Softly, and sweetly colored, Patti! OH do I love these darling PB characters - who love to be winked!
My pile is coming along nicely thanks!
=]

Diane said...

I love the details and surprises you have added to your cards! Precious as can be. I just know you will conquer the leaves on your watercolor. Enjoy the journey :). Love you friend, Diane

Nancy said...

Oh and you are a watercolorist too! How am I not surprised! Can't wait to see it! These pair of cards are darling! Love the faint backgrounds for your adorable images! That little bear has stolen my heart!

Colleen said...

I love what you do with PB stamps you are so clever! Both of these are fabulous! I can hardly wait to see your painting! Have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving!

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, Patti, these are both so adorable! Love your pale colours here, so lovely! Awesome job with your masking too! Best wishes with your watercolour - hope you are able to share it here eventually.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow Patti, you really are wonderful at this hint of colour effect. LOVE that little bear.

Vikki H said...

Pure delight and softness in these two designs! Love the joke, it moooooved me to laugh.

Mac Mable said...

Great masking on your first ever so pretty card. The image is adorable and loving the polka dots and the gentle colours x. What a fun and creative idea to wrap your second beautiful card. The cutest of images and fun colours x Looking forward to seeing your water colour painting in due course x.

Anonymous said...

Oh my - what gorgeous cards! I love the soft colours and of course the sweet images. I found you by a link shared on FB by Penny Black! :)