Monday, December 30, 2013

A girl can never have too many purses!

Especially when they are THIS cute!  

Here are some Dooney & Bourke inspired Handbags designed by Becky Roberts that I created for a few special gals on my gift giving list. 

These amazing little cuties measure about 6" high x 5.5" wide and 2" deep inside. 
KI Memories, Inc. Over the Rainbow Collections.  I do not have the pattern name on this paper.



I made five little gift card enclosures (3.5 x 2.5") to go inside each purse.   Unfortunately I erased all the individual pictures of the gift card enclosures for each purse before I had downloaded them to my computer! So all I have are a tiny sampling of what they look like but you will get the idea : )

Bo Bunny paper from their "Back to Basic" series
 

 

These purses inspired the sweetest ooohs and ahhhs! you could hope for when giving a gift of love.  So fun!! so sweet!! 

The small 3.5 x 2.5" cards with envelopes fit really nice but you could add all sorts of treats to your handbag in any theme.

I searched high and low for some little buckles and was excited to come across these by Tim Holtz. My engineer husband told me AFTER I had completed all and mailed some of my purses that I positioned the buckle upside down LOL Dooney & Bourke will frown! but alas I never got one complaint! heehee I will take the time to change that up on my next round of bags! : )

I also added a magnetic closure from Basic Grey behind each buckle so that the flap closes nicely.  I failed to get a picture of that so just follow the link above to the product I used.

Be sure to take a look at the rest of the purses I have created (so far!)  - pictured below and then blurf on over to Becky's blog and purchase the pattern to make your own! : ) I would really love it if you would send me a link to yours! It would be fun to see what you create.

Thank you for looking!  

Patti

Love this paper! This is some new paper I found at my LSS. "Collectable" paper designed by Jen Allyson for "My Mind's eye"

In searching for the perfect paper with a small print I had to go to my "scrap" bin sometimes.  Unfortunately that means that I do not have the name of the paper in every case.  I wanted so badly to use this one because the outside print was small and perfect and the inside had a big and bold floral print.  I think it is neat when the inside of the purse looks as cute as the outside! So sorry I don't have the paper name for this one.
Bo Bunny's Back to Basic Paper
"Collectable" paper designed by Jen Allyson for "My Mind's eye"

KaiserCraft paper's December 25th Collection "Noel"

18 comments:

Carole Z said...

These are gorgeous!! I'm going to look at the pattern! Hugs Carole Z xx

Beth Norman said...

These are a work of art. Beautiful.

phylliszimm said...

These are gorgeous.

phylliszimm said...

oh my they are wonderful. Love them.

Beth Tetzlaff said...

These are awesome. Great job. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

These are awesome. Thank you for sharing.
Beth Tetzlaff

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Patti! I had just ordered Becky's tutorial before Christmas. Your buckles idea is cute. Love your paper choicec.

Renee

Elisha said...

Your purses are amazing!! The buckles are super cute ( I kinda like them upside down)! I purchased Becky's download a couple of years ago and have had so much fun with it. I tweaked one of her patterns and made favors for my daughter's bridal shower. You can see them at this Pinterest link: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/94364554665087968/

Thanks for the inspiration. . . I think I need to make some of these for Valentine's Day:-)

Tonya Denton said...

I hopped on over here from Becky's to tell you that I LOVE your purses!!! Personally, I like the buckle the way you have them positioned. These are all so awesome! I'm going to have to purchase this tutorial from Becky! :) Thanks for sharing and best wishes with your new business . . . and your new blog! :) Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I, too, hopped over from Becky's blog! These are so cute! They look just like the real thing. I gotta try my hand at these. Of course part of the charm is the paper and the embelishments you used. Everything looks so realistic. Love the buckles. Now, I need to check out more of your blog. I see your scarves and they look as great as the purses! Thanks for sharing your great photos. Maybe I will have to try a Vera Bradley patterned purse!

Chris R. from Iowa

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I agree with Tonya...I like the buckle the way it is! Great Job!

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning and beautiful; wow! TFS! Happy New Year!

Peanut said...

Eeeeeeek! These are the cutest little bags ever, Patti. Definitely going to check out Becky's site. And you have made some truly fab bags. Love them all.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Mary Marsh said...

Wow what a beautiful and classy gift -love these bags-you were featured on inking Idaho blog -

Unknown said...

Great gift giving craft! Lets get together and make some!

Diane said...

I was delighted to receive one of these from Patti ! Thanks friend :) I have it sitting on an end table in my living room and it looks darling. What a sweet and wonderful gift. Your going to want to make these...I know I do.

Angela said...

Patti, these purses are outrageously beautiful! You are super talented and I enjoy your work so much!

Skeeter said...

these are so cute-i am going to get the tutorial and make them for a ladies golf tournament.Thanks for sharing.