Thursday, January 9, 2014

Heartfelt Sympathy


A talented friend in the paper craft community buried her Mom this week.  My heart goes out to her and her family.

I lost my Mom over 17 years ago and I miss her very much. Mom was an amazing cheerleader for the good things that any of us were doing.  A day doesn't go by that I don't  wish I could share my neckStyles™ scarf business with her. I know she would have been very supportive. : )  It means so much to know your parents are proud of you.  I try very hard to communicate my love and support with my children and grandchildren.  We only have one another for such a short time.

Hug a loved one today!! and if you don't have one near... hug a stranger : ) they might need it even more!

I selected SU's Pink Pirouette for my card.  I layered a white piece of paper on the top and embossed it with the SU Mosaic folder.  My image is an old TAC stamp.  The sentiment is a clear stamp from MSE!

I added some dimension with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.  Simply cover your entire finished design with Versamark Ink an then apply the UTEE and carefully heat set the enamel just enough to melt it while not melting it too much.  I wanted water drop looking texture.  for a more complete instruction of how this neat product looks check out this post HERE


Thank you for looking and please be sure to take advantage of the FREE card give-away I am offering.  See the details in THIS post : ) 

Patti

4 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Patti, a beautiful card..the image is gorgeous! Yes, our parents are so precious..I lost my dad 25 years ago, way too soon..he was a artist and such an inspiration..Mum passed almost 7 years ago: she was so supportive of all my crafts, I too miss them both every moment...on a brighter note, thanks for your comment on my WOYWW post..looking forward to seeing how you store your stamps :) Carole Z X

Leigh Penner said...

So soft and pretty! The perfect sympathy card!

Peanut said...

I lost my dad 10 years ago, but it seems just like yesterday. I miss him every single day. Your card is really lovely, Patti and I'm sure it will bring much comfort to your friend.
xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is so beautiful - I hope it brings some comfort to your grieving friend. I found your blog post very touching. I still have my mother and I don't know what I will do when she is gone, brings tears to my eyes to think about it. I can only imagine how much you must miss her. Thank you for reminding me how much I appreciate my mom and what a blessing it is that she's still here. I need to call her :-) Take care, Patti.