Saturday, March 28, 2009

Card using UTEE



A few of my friends and I have begun to get together once per month to "play with paper". We decided that each of us would take turns doing a little demonstration. Last week was my turn. Here is the card we made. I wanted to demonstrate UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel). For those of you who are unfamiliar with this technique I suggest you give it a try. You stamp and color your image - then stamp all over your image directly with a Versamark pad. Once your image is completely covered with the Versamark - sprinkle UTEE all over the image. The UTEE will stick to the Versamark ink. Using your heat gun carefully heat up the powder watching closely to be sure that you do not melt your UTEE more than you want. The less you heat the powder the more you will achieve a water droplet look as I have done here. If you "over heat" an area of your card a little more than you wanted simple apply a little more Versamark and a few more sprinkles and heat it again. It really is a pretty look on flowers and especially fun when you are using fish images : ) because you can give them an "under the sea" look.
For our card we used card stock from Stampin' Up. A "Script" embossing folder from Cuttebug, My image is from The Angel Company. I colored my image with colored pencils. The ribbon is by Offray and the stick pin is from Close To My Heart.
If you have any questions about this technique please feel free to ask. : )
Have a wonderful day! Patti

7 comments:

Janice W. said...

Hi Patti,
Very pretty card! Thanks for the heat tips. I have used UTEE to make the cracked glass. One of these days I will pull it out again. Great job!
Janice

Judy said...

Well, Miss Patti, you have done it again. Another beautiful card! I have some UTEE, but I have used it only once to do cracked glass. Why it never occurred to me to make it look like water droplets, I don't know. That's a gorgeous image. Tulips are one of my favorite stamp images, but I don't really like them much in real life. Weird - I know. :)
Judy

GiftsByHeidi said...

I've never tried this, but I love the look. It's gorgeous on that stamped image. Love your embossed background too!

Suzanne :O ) said...

gorgeous, patti! what a great technique and that image is really beautiful! love all the script, too! :)

Michelle Pearson said...

This card is gorgeous! I love how it turned out....a good reminder to try that technique again!

Thanks for commenting on my blog, I'm not sure where Shell Lake is...but it must be up by Cheryl somewhere?!

Unknown said...

Hey Patti I wanted to let you know that after we made that card together, I decided to give it to Laura for her birthday! (that way I know I will see it again some day hee hee) Thanks for showing us how to make this wonderful card! Theresa

Leigh said...

Patti, this is a stunning card. I love it.