Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Relaxing!



Hello friends : ) I hope your week is going well! Mine has been busy but not so busy that I have not gotten to sit down and play with paper!! and oh how I have played! : )



Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog is having another fun month long challenge to use embossing in any form on your card.



I chose to stamp my image and then emboss clear EP so that my image really pops.  I like using EP because it also helps control my coloring LOL



I am also linking up with ColourQ Challenge today! Color challenges are the very hardest for me but I think this card works with the challenge especially if I can take additional inspiration form the color QUEEN, Arielle's wreath! : ) check out her sweet wreath.

I just love this image.  It is called Adirondack Chair and because it is Serendipity's Stamp of the Month it is 50% off!! woo hoo!! : ) As a matter of a fact I love it so much I had a hard time stopping using it - giggles.




This was actually the first card I made.  I stamped and embossed my image and then put some light My Favorite Things stenciling on the background - carefully missing the chair.  I loved how it turned out so much I made a tag! : )



This sweet image is addicting so I tried it with this version using a MFT Polka Dot stencil and trying to keep most of the colors to the Raspberry Fizz ink. I'm linking it up to the challenge at Curtain Call with this fun inspiration in mind!!





Finally I created the first card in this post.  I know this is going to be a favorite image for me!!  There is a PRIZE at Serendipity Stamps so get over there! and enter a card (or cards) in the challenge!!

That is it for me today friends.  Please be sure to stop by tomorrow because I have a really exciting announcement to make!  I have been busting to share but it is a sUrPrIsE!! so I have had to keep it under my hat : )

Enjoy your day!  See you tomorrow.

Patti

Supplies:
Card#1
Limeade Ice Paper from PTI
Adirondack Chair from Serendipity Stamps
Relax die from serendipity Stamps
Tag Sale: Quilted Die from PTI
Large Polka dots Stencil from MFT
Colored with Prisma pencils
Ribbon and thread from my stash

Card#2 and Tag
White cs from PTI
Adirondack Chair from Serendipity Stamps
Miss You! sentiment from Serendipity Stamps
Stitched Square from Lil Inkers
Funky Florals Stencil from MFT
Colored with Prisma Pencils
Ribbon and thread from my stash

Card #3
White cs from PTI
Adirondack Chair from Serendipity Stamps
Stitched Banner Duo from Serendipity stamps (a Pretty Pink Posh product)
Large Polka Dots Stencil from MFT
Ribbon from Heidi Grace but it is as old as the hills! : )



21 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I can see why you love this stamp...it could be used for so many occasions. Yes the embossing does make it pop. The first card is so pretty with the colours you've used and the graduation on the sentiment. It is such a beautiful card with the pretty edged tag on the front. Loving the background stencil on the second card, so very delicate and the way you've blended the colours. Such a fun idea to make the tag too. Such fabulous and vibrant colours on the third card, loving the dots and the fact that you mostly used the one colour. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind and very generous comments...always appreciated x

sandie said...

Fab cards Patti, great use of the clear EP, I
always forget about doing that. Adore the
Soft colours. Looking forward to your news!

sandie said...

Fab cards Patti, great use of the clear EP, I
always forget about doing that. Adore the
Soft colours. Looking forward to your news!

Linda said...

Patti, these are both so adorable. Love your stenciled bg on both and the lovely soft colors. After I read your comment about my Mother's Day card I thought I better add that I actually lost my mom about 6 years ago. Just wanted to let you know that I added that. I appreciate your comments and yes she would have loved it.

A splash of color said...

Wow all of these are very nice. You weren't kidding you do love that stamp.. I love the soft colors blue, pink and yellow backgrounds. It is a lovely stamp. Humm more stamps.. just what I love to buy.

Lisa Elton said...

There's a whole lot of PRETTINESS going on here Patti!! Love all of the polka dots and that PTI tag is on my list. Love these to bits!!

Lisa Elton said...

Well shucks, I forgot to thank you for joining us at ColourQ!

Joyce said...

Wow, you really went to town with this one stamp. It is a fantastic image, and you have gotten so many different looks from it, just by making some small changes. This is a really fun post. Thanks so much for including ColourQ in your crafting. Can't wait to come back tomorrow to see what your big news is.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are so gorgeous and I understand why you love that stamp image too. It is a great design. I love the stenciling on your background too.

Unknown said...

What wonderful cards! You make me want to emboss, color and stencil! But then it would look like I was coping your work.... and I would be because it is wonderful!
The embossing sure did its job. The cards/tag pop and the coloring is just perfect both with the stenciling and the image. Great Job Again Patti!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all so fun! I love that pretty image!

Mary Dew Lee said...

What a great use of the Adirondack Chair! I love how you colored it just a tiny bit and then put the bursts of color in the background. Thanks so much for playing in the Serendipity Stamps Embossing challenge Patti!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh you had a great stampy time with that image ... it's fab! I love the pretty backgrounds you made too, the flower stencil on your second is especially gorgeous :)

nancy littrell said...

I love your seize the birthday with topping card Patti. Congratulations for being chosen the Guest Designer for this awesome challenge. Love your CAS style on your blog samples. TFS

Helen F. said...

Oh My Gosh! Patti, this Serendipity Stamp "Adirondack Chair" is so sweet! It's a great one for EP too. Love your cards and tag and can definitely relate to using it over and over! I have that same 'issue' with some of my beloved images ;-)

Tracey McNeely said...

What a sweet Serendipity image and your cards are so lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful...simply beautiful cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ!

Marybeth said...

You are amazing, Patti! I love all you created with this beautiful Serendipity Stamps ! I love polka dots and the many ways you used them here! The flower background is gorgeous too! The chair looks great on the lg, Papertrey Ink tag I love that! Looks like once you got in the craft room you couldn’t stop! :) Thanks for joining us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!

Sylvia said...

Love that stamp, Patti, love your card but you have also added purple to the mix! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ.

Silke Ledlow said...

Such pretty cards and tag! Glad you had a chance to try the CQC colors and the Curtain Call!

Jeanne J. said...

These are beautiful! Like a breath of fresh air! I'm ready to dust everything off and sit outside now! I think you might have me daydreaming too!