Sunday, March 18, 2018

Seize The Birthday with Penny Black's Sweet Spring

Today I want to shed the spotlight on Penny Black's Sweet Spring 2018 release with my entry in the Seize The Birthday's Teal & White Challege.







I started out my card by cutting the largest die from "Ribbon Stackers" from a sheet of plain copy paper.  I didn't use the die cut but rather the negative space - to use as a mask. With the mask in place I stamped a portion of the "Floral Medley" image to the right side of the card.  I colored my flowers and leaves with chalk for a soft dreamy look : )  Next I applied a Ribbon die that I had cut from regular card stock and finally added my sentiment.  Easy as pie and pretty as a picture!

Here are the supplies I used and an easy link to Penny Black for your shopping convenience heeheehee.

Floral Medley #40-616
Ribbon Stackers #51-409
Smile Today! #30-461




That is all for me today friends.  I hope you will join me in supporting the fun challenge at Seize The Birthday with your Teal & White Birthday cards. If you are not a "toppings" kind of gal remember that Anything Always Goes at STB as well!!



Have a beautiful Sunday : )

BIG (((HUGS)))








14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Pretty as a picture indeed...elegant and so beautifully CAS x

Jeanne said...

Wow, is this every pretty, Patti! Your light touch brings out the beauty in the image. I really like that frame, too. So very lovely! Thanks for sharing!

MaryH said...

The PB die is so pretty and it works beautifully to show off the elegance of this lovely stamping. It's a lovely, CAS card, sure to brighten the day when it's opened. TFS & Just became your newest follower. Have a great week.

stampwithsandy said...

How lovely, Patti! Your background floral is so soft and delicate, and accented perfectly by the frame. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!!! I love the soft coloring you did on this card with that fabulous die!!

Vikki H said...

The wonderful words in your sentiment certainly are enhanced by your dreamy florals. I really like outline stamps! They allow artists like yourself to experiment. Altogether a lovely card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very delightful with the elegant design and subtle colors.

nancy littrell said...

Oh Yes...soft and so dreamy!! I love your soft chalk coloring and ribbon die cut framing. Exquisite, Patti. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs..

Bobby said...

This is so pretty with your soft chalk coloring, Patti. BTW: Congrats on your win at Merry Monday.

cm said...

WOW! Your design and soft colouring of these pretty flowers have elevated them to gorgeous! What a lovely sentiment, too! Someone will be thrilled when this gem arrives in their mailbox!
Hugs~c

Lisa Elton said...

This is especially soft and lovely!

Nancy said...

Soft, Lovely and perfect! Thanks so much for being in our gallery at STB! I love when you join us!

stampwithsandy said...

Patti this is so lovely! Your subtle flowers are so elegant, and framed perfectly by the die cut.

Loll said...

Soft and delicate design with the blue outline, Patti! Love it! xx