Monday, May 21, 2018

Cómo se dice... - How do you say....

Ok so our Spanish speaking student's English is improving by leaps and bounds but I can't say the same for our Spanish!! We continue to have English class with our sweet new adopted daughter Nayeli.  The last time she was here she wanted to know the usage of:

"Arrrrr"

you know Arrrr! like a pirate would say.  How we got on to that subject?? I have NO idea! LOL but we tried everything to explain it including me putting an eye patch over my glasses!



It was only when I looked at her and said "Pirates of the Caribbean" did she shout out the name of the main character in the movie.  With tears rolling down all of our faces she came to understand that a pirate would say "Arrrr" heeheehee What can I say? we are having FUN!

I have been CASEing the designs for our classes from my own cards for a couple of reasons - time really being the biggest reason.  I want to focus on giving her experience with a lot of different tools and coloring mediums.  So for most of my regular visitors many of the designs I'm sharing are ones you may have seen before.  This day I shared my Zigs. Both Nayeli and Diane handled them expertly and their cards turned out super pretty! We are normally so caught up in what we are doing that I fail photograph the event properly.  When each class is over I regret that I didn't take more pictures.

Nayeli's used the sentiment "Hola" on her card which means hello in Spanish.  
I wish you could see her beautiful Ziggy coloring better -  this picture doesn't do it justice




Next I designed a "Scratch and Sniff" card for them to create.  This was a fun one and met with the question: "What does 'you're the cherry on the top' mean?!" I didn't see that one coming giggles!!



Thank you for stopping by. Here is a little funny to reward you! : )

What did the female dinosaur call her blouse making business? 
"Try Sara’s Tops!"





BIG (((HUGS)))








13 comments:

Jeanne said...

Such a wonderful gift you are sharing, Patti! You have a giving heart and it shows. So glad you finally got the arrrrrr, across. ;) The cards are lovely. Nayeli has great talent, too. Loved the eye patch and the joke! Have a great start to your week. Hugs!

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness Patti, this whole post was a delight! I smiled and giggled all the way through reading it. Nayeli is very artistic. But then, she has an amazing teacher and great source of inspiration. Have a blessed week my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this post Patti! The pirate patch gave me a good giggle! Nayeli has a talent for card making, her card is beautiful!

Colleen said...

What a great teacher and inspirational artist you are, Patti, I think your 'students' are learning a lot! I loved all the photos, glad you remembered to take them!! And I am getting a big kick out of your 'funnies'!! Have a most fabulous week my friend! Heart Hugs, Colleen

maggiec said...

Great cards Patti, can you tell me the name of the cactus stamp set and where I might find it. Thanks

I Card Everyone said...

arrrrrgh-uably a smile inducing post, Patti! It would be nearly impossible to explain my silly sense of humor, right?
Such wonderful cards to make!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such gorgeous cards everyone has made. I think you are all having a fantastic time together. I love the photos too! Especially Pirate Patti! LOL

Mac Mable said...

You sure do look like you are all having so much fun and especially with the language interpretations x Laughed out loud about the usage of Arrrrr. They are the perfect students and of course they have the most perfect tutor x Fun joke at the end....Thank you x

Bobby said...

It sounds like this is such a fun and positive experience for both of you, Patti. We never think about how some of our colloquialisms sound to others. I just wish I was making cards years ago when I was working with a gal from Bosnia. That would have been fun.

Vikki H said...

Muy bien!! I got the giggles with my old eyes looking at the first picture of Nayeli holding her cactus card. I thought the grouping was a giraffe looking down and out toward me and then the next photo showed the real deal of cacti! Oh, my April cataract surgery wasn't enough. I need the left eye fixed too! Teehee

Loll said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful and creative day, Patti! Nayeli has certainly embraced card making and colouring techniques with zigs. Her card is AWESOME! xx

Lynne in NI said...

Sounds like you a!l have a great laugh together! Beautiful cards, Nayeli has a great teacher!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful cards and what fun you were having! Looks like you all had a blast!