Thursday, May 24, 2018

Simplicity Sister - Doing what I love!





I really love stretching a dollar! I love shopping at garage sales and finding coupons to my favorite stores in my e-mail : )  I guess that is why I enjoy all the ways you can use Penny Black dies.




For my card today I started by embossing with my die rather than cutting with it.  I experimented with just the right "sandwich" for my Big Shot so that I can use my dies to emboss.  Can you see the little hearts suspended from the top of my card?  It would be great just like this but then I cut the same die on a piece of copy paper to create a stencil.  I lay my stencil directly to the card face and lightly sponged the hearts in place.   : )



I hope that you are getting to do what you love today as well!! and just for a bonus I pray God's Love is falling from the sky to bless you!! : )

All supplies from Penny Black
Heart Drops #51-298
Mimi's Love #30-270
Sweet as Honey #30-145

A word to the wise....

Don’t ever run with bagpipes… you could poke and eye out or worse yet you could get kilt!

BIG (((HUGS)))








9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a great effect with using the die to emboss on that ever so cute image and those falling hearts. So sweetly coloured and to use the die cut heart as a stencil to colour the hearts is so adorable....as is your card x Gardening, which is overdue is what I am doing today and it is what I enjoy and love, although I suspect I shall be taking a little medication when I get in for my weary bones!!! LOL x

Jeanne said...

Delightful card, Patti. That little girl in her lovely heart filled dress is adorable. Thanks for sharing how you created the falling hearts. So lovely. Thank you for your heartfelt and encouraging message, too. Giggled at the joke. Love that you help us smile! Hugs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your card and the unique way you used that die. It is so pretty. And I got a chuckle too. I won’t run with the bagpipes.

I Card Everyone said...

Well Bless her hearts … just a darling card!
I love her name, Patti! My bestie when little was Mimi! though neither of us was a ballerina, we were tu tu close!
=]

Bobby said...

She is darling, Patti, but those hearts really add something special to the card.

Vikki H said...

Ah, how sweet those hearts are falling around your little gal! Really adds a special softness to the design and so cleverly done! Keep those jokes coming because we all need bits of cheer. Have a wonderful Memorial weekend!

Colleen said...

Adorable! Love your falling hearts! Have a great weekend! Heart Hugs, Col

Lynne in NI said...

Hahaha your jokes are getting worse :) keep them coming!
Your little girl is a cutie and your hearts die works perfectly as a stencil x

KT Fit Kitty said...

This little girl is precious! Love all the pink hearts! Adorable card, Patti!