Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Bring on the HAPPY!

Happy hump day crafty friends!!  I hope you are having a fantastic week so far!



Here is a little pumpkin sure to bring on the Happy! isn't she just adorables!... taking in the rays in her stylish swimming gear : )

My card was created with the Happy Little Stampers August challenge in mind.  The challenge is to create a CAS card featuring some masking.



I began by stamping my image on solid white cs.  Next I created a Mask for the image and applied it on to the panel.  Then  I masked off an area in the center of the panel for the water and sponged ink.  I then moved my mask around a bit and sponged some soft yellow for the sky.  Once my sky was light yellow I added a circle mask for the sun and then kept sponging yellow ink on to the sky - with special emphasis around the sun.  Finally I moved my mask again so I could add some sand to my beach.  I used a stipple brush and "pounced" sand here and there : )



With my background completed I could then pulled off the image mask and concentrate on coloring the image.  I colored my little gal's skin first being sure to give her just a little bit of pink on her chubby skin : ) ya gotta love Sun Screen! The final touch was to add some polka dots to her hat for added texture as well as some sequins to make the she shine sea shine giggles!.....Say that 10 times really fast!!

I wanna mention that the polka dots on her hat was one of those light bulb kind of moments for me.  I had planned to sponge in some polka dots using my stencil but after masking off the area around her hat and laying my stencil down I realized I wanted the polka dots to match perfectly with the color I used on her swim suit and ribbon.  I realized that was not going to be easy being that I had colored those with Prisma Pencils.  SO! I simply took my pencil and drew a mini circle inside each of the polka dot openings.  I would not have had to spend the time masking off the area around her hat at all.  It gave me the results I wanted and taught me I could do that anytime when I wanted to use a pencil with a stencil.  I could have even blended the polka dot a bit with Gamsol for a softer look if I wanted to.  I will keep this in mind for another use of stencils : )   How many of you crafty gals had already thought of that!?!

I will also add my card to two other fun challenges:  Word Art Wednesday and the Color Throwdown



That is it for me today.  I am in my crafty space today being creative : ) It's a rare day home alone! (ahhh silence is golden!) when I don't have anything I NEED to do! so I'm visiting my bloggy friends and getting inky! : )

I appreciate you stopping by!  I hope you are enjoying whatever you get to do today.

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:
Beach Baby #30-369 by Penny Black
Sprinkles and Smiles # 30-297 by Penny Black
Oscillations Stencil #25-014 by Penny Black

35 comments:

A splash of color said...

Oh my she is just tooooo cute. I need that image.. Wow and the masking.. and the coloring you continue to wow me..

I Card Everyone said...

I have to tell you, Patti ... this is just adorable, and your masking is fantastic!!! LOve that little beach bunny, and her perfectly dotted sun hat! You're right - it is perfect for that Color Throwdown, too! I'm giving all the credit to that sweet dog, however - he sure can bring on a smile, right?! xx
=]

Linda said...

This is so adorable Patti and your masking is awesome. Lovely care.

Mac Mable said...

The cutest and the most adorable little girl. The perfect colours and fabulous blending. No I hadn't thought of just using the pencils ...I would have tried to use a stencil too! What a fabulous sentiment too x Thanks so much for sharing this beauty x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word I can't tell you how super sweet and ADORABLE this is Patti!! LOVE your sweet image, but that fabulous scene you've made with her looks like I need to be sitting right next to her!! LOL!! Wonderful design!! HUGS

Diane said...

Ahhh she makes me smile ! And like Vicki I want to be sitting next to her too. Beautiful handiwork friend. Love the masking !

KT Fit Kitty said...

So cute, Patti! Love the gorgeous background and subtle colouring of the girl!

Lisa Elton said...

Sweetness galore!!! You know, this little girl sure reminds me of Sweet P when she takes a playing, running around break (they don't last long LOL) and chills out in a relaxed pose on the floor. She even does her little toes like that!! Super duper cute card. Love the brilliant polka dot hat and your pretty coloring. Another masterpiece Patti!

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! I love how you added just the most subtle colouring to the little girl - so lovely! Jo x

Birgit said...

Patti, this is so darling!! What perfect coloring and masking and polka dotting! ;0) This image and your card is so cute!!

Jeanne said...

This is an absolutely delightful card that makes me smile so happily. It's just an adorable scene colored wonderfully. Great ideas and tips for the pencils. Fabulous work! Enjoy your quiet day alone today! Hope your mojo gets a real workout! :)

Unknown said...

Totally beautiful. the sky, water and sun are perfect. The coloring is soft and cute, just like you. Thanks for the share.

Diane Jaquay said...

Delightful coloring on this card!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your little beach girl. She is so cute!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your little beach babe and your masking is shear perfection! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers.

Marybeth said...

OK, this card and image are WAY too cute, I have to have it! As sweet as can be and polka dots on the hat! I love this!

Daria Z. said...

This card is fabulous - and a great take on the masking challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

Ooooooh Patti....could this image be any cuter and you colored her just perfectly! LOVE how you did all the masking on this card too...truly a lovely little beach scene! And I had to smile about your lightbulb moment with the polka dots...I probably would have masked the hat first too, but glad you figured out a quicker way...I'll remember that tip!! Lovely, lovely card Patti!! :0)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this just totally makes me smile, Patti!

Happy Dance said...

Pencil with a stencil! What a great idea!!! Will definitely be trying that!! Love this little sweetheart, all stylin' in her cute suit! And your masking is perfection, my friend. Perfect choice of colors; soft and subtle by the sea. Great card!! Perfect take on the challenge. Bev

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

WOW!!! What a gorgeous masking work on this card! Colors, scene, everything is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers this month.

Judy1223 said...

Patti, this is an adorable image, but your masking and inking put this card over the top into the AMAZING zone! WOW!!! I am in love!

Nancy said...

Such a terrific card Patti! Thanks of the tip about your polka dots...I don't think I would have thought of that. Hugs my friend!

Lynne in NI said...

Aww she's a real cutie! Great job with your sand/sea/sky BG!

Unknown said...

Patti, I just love your card. the soft blending of colors and your technique is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Word Art Wednesday!
Blessings,
Misty D.
WAW DT

debby4000 said...

Love your Beach Baby card, beautiful work with the background.
luv
Debby

Amy Rohl said...

Wow, your masking is great, and what a sweet image! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD this week!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO sweet. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your talents with us. I'm so grateful to have you join us, and I really hope that you will stop by again soon. I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creativity. Thanks again and have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Lori said...

Fabulous and definitely bringing the happy! Your masking is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Peanut said...

Aaaaaw! Who's that cutie-patootie?! LOVE this card to bits!
x Asha

cm said...

Dang...my comment apparently drifted off into the sunset! Coming back for a second viewing, though, is a bonus! How precious your sunbathing little gem, decked out in her sweet swimsuit and polka-dot hat! The beach-and-sunrise are masked-and-blended marvels! Yes, a 'sea shine' delight in every way!
Hugs~c

Aileen said...

I love how you have done this darling little girl. Actually I love it so much and she looks so cute, Im off to buy her. What a brilliant way to add colour without all the fuss.

sandie said...

My goodness this is a stunner and perfect masking, I adore the way the sun glows and wow do you have patience with the hat colouring! This is would be great for our 'Holiday' challenge at Time Out, it doesn't finish until Wed, why not take some TIME OUT and pop it in over there (sorry couldn't resist the so calleed pun!!)

BożenA said...

Sweeet card. Great masking technique. I love these soft, pastel colors. Thank you for sharing with us HLS CAS.
BozenA DT HLS

Linda said...

This is just sooo cute!! Your little beach babe looks adorable enjoying the sunshine. Great job with the masking too. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge xx