Thursday, February 20, 2014

Stationery Style!


Butterflies punched with a Martha Stewart punch
 Here is a sampling some sweet cards I made for a gift. 

I lifted the idea for the cards from something I saw on Pinterest.  The card is stark white except for the little monochromatic butterflies that are perfectly color coordinated because they are punched from "paint chips"

I stitched around each card and embellished my butterflies with mini pearls.
I love putting my handcrafted cards in gift packages.  I created this package from a 6 x 6" plastic scrapbook page protector. I cut the "flap" from white card stock 9" x 6".  Then I scored 2 7/8" from one long end.  This became the flap.  I layered  some soft yellow card stock on top and then another piece of plain white - which had been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder over the top of that.  Before securing the layers to the flap I wrapped a little bit of the same twine around it that I had used on my cards.  And finally added a little butterfly punched from the same paint chip I used for the top card in my gift pouch.


I slid the "flap" (the scored 9 x 6" paper) and layered my cards inside the page protector then added a Velcro tab to the underside of the flap and the plastic page protector for the perfect closure : )

This gift was created last year but I have not had a chance to post my pictures.  I thought of it today because it is STARK white outside right now. The 10 PLUS inches of predicted snow is now falling.  It truly is beautiful but we are all getting weary of this long winter and hoping for the pastel of spring to get here soon!!

Hope you are safe and warm wherever you are today!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

4 comments:

Peanut said...

Truly elegant, Patti. Butterflies are so versatile, so perfect for any occasion. I love the ombre effect.These cards will be appreciated. I should know...I have your Christmas tags!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, I LOVE these! What a fabulous gift! And I love the idea of using paint chips - I used to use those all the time and still have tons of them left. Your little folder is awesome too!

Beverly Ann said...

Wow... way to repurpose Patti! :) I love it... the possibilities are endless :)

Dorte said...

Such a beautiful set of cards, Patti. Thanks for sharing,
enjoy your day,
hugs Dorte