Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October Challenge with Birgit and Marcia

I have the honor of joining with two sweethearts in Blogland, Marcia Hill of Marcia's Stamp Pad blog and Birgit of Crafting While I Wait blog, to challenge ourselves and each other each month.  The challenge this month is a fall theme.  Fall happens to be my favorite season.  I love Thanksgiving most of all because it isn't commercialized - too much - and it brings out the thankfulness in us all.

Sadly because of my many other obligations and getting ready for our trip I was only able to make four cards this time.  Still, I hope you'll enjoy them.  : )



I sat down to create my cards for this challenge and I had zero Mojo! I couldn't turn off my brain from the many tasks that are pulling at me to complete before we leave so I went searching for inspiration. This is a CASED card from Jen Wills. I used Doodlie Do - as well as a Swoosh Die both from Papertrey Ink.



Jen's card got my Mojo moving and I had a good time creating this card.  Again using a set in Betsy's Doodle Series. I'm blushing but I cannot for the life of me find the set I used for the sentiment! I have searched my table of contents for my stamps and it isn't jumping out at me.  If anyone recognizes it please let me know and I'll edit my post : ) Thank you!



This card was so fast and easy - just what I needed in my busy week. : )



I used Sent-i-mentals set by Papertrey Ink along with Stitched Mats Rectangle from Lil' Inkers. Easy Peasy!



And finally another super fast and easy card using a retired set from Close To My Heart called Something Splendid and a sentiment from Mums The Word by Papertrey Ink - those Lil Inkers Stitched rectangles and some Topaz rhinestones! and whoosh!! on to the bookkeeping yahoo!

Please don't miss the opportunity to see some FALL COLORS! at Marcia and Birgit's blogs.  Thank you so much for stopping by! have a fantastic day!!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti



p.s. I know it is a lot to ask because I'm not doing much commenting right now but if you have the time please stop by tomorrow when I will be sharing a Clean and Simple card I created for the Penny black Simplicity blog!!





13 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow! You are so busy and you manage to create not one, but four, beautiful cards! Each one is lovely! I adore your color choices. I hope you have a wonderful day and an enjoyable vacation. Of course, I'd be happy to stop by again. Your work is a delight for the eyes. :)

Marcia Hill said...

Four fabulous cards and I don't see any mojo missing at all Patti!! I love the sentiment being the stem of your flower in your first card...SO clever!! My favorite though is your 3rd card...so simple, but oh so bright and just FUN! Great cards Patti that really show off your CAS style and just make me smile! Thanks so much for joining Birgit and I on this fun monthly journey...we LOVE having you be a part of us!! And I will definitely be back tomorrow to see what you've created!! Have a wonderful, wonderful time on that cruise and enJOY every minute of it!! :0)

LauraJane:) said...

Four excellent cards Pattie! Always happy to see that Doodlie-Do bloom:))) and the apple stamp is still calling my name because of your coloring. Hope your cruise is on calm seas.

Linda said...

So many awesome cards Patti. Simply beautiful.

Birgit said...

Oh Patti, where do I begin?? All your cards are amazing as always! I adore the first card with the sentiment being used as the stem of the flower. Pure genius and I have both of those sets so I can CASE it. ;0) I love the background and colors of your sweet apple card! You do know how to make the best looking backgrounds. The peek-a-boo pumpkin card is so CAS ad darling and your last card as well is CAS perfection! So you!! I'm so glad you are joining Marcia and I in this fun challenge, my visits here are always a treat for the eyes. Have a safe and marvelous time on your cruise my friend. (sorry I was a bit late in commenting today. This is the first chance I've had with no people in the house) Hugs to you!

Lisa Elton said...

These are four pretty cards Pattie!! The coloring on the apple card is delightful, I think it's my fave!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

With all the things on your mind I can understand how it was hard to get your muse working but I love the cards you made. All are perfect for the Fall season.

Darnell said...

How could I NOT enjoy them, Patti! Your cards are always amazing as I've told you since day one! I hope you are enjoying your travels ~ stay safe!! Hugs, Darnell

*Vicki* said...

Wow Patti, these are ALL amazing creations and I'm with you on the Fall!! I really LOVE Fall and all that it brings!! You've made such a wonderful feast for the eyes my friend! Thanks for the inspiration! HUGS

I Card Everyone said...

No worries, sweet thing ... we all hope you are enjoying time away! These are all gorgeous, Patti - but you had me with that last, simply stunning card! I covet that stamp - I know, shame on me!!!
=]

Jerrie said...

Patti, what fall goodness you have created! Love the colors and all your cards. The first two cards are so colorful and full of so much fun!

Jill said...

A post filled with delicious color and fantastic designs... a feast for the eyes, my friend!

Kim Heggins said...

So many incredible creations...your take on that apple using more fall colors is amazing and just beautiful. I love your sweet pumpkin card with the window, adorable.