Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Serendipity Stamps October Blog Hop!



The Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop theme this month is Celebrate!! I love to celebrate Thanksgiving more than any of the other holidays so I chose this incredibly pretty wreath to feature my favorite holiday : ) 



I started with a water color paper base and brushed just the faintest color blue on the main card base using my Ziggys.  Next I cut a top panel 4.25 x 4" and stamped "Winter Wear Background" in a light green ink.  I stamped "Autumn Wreath" and embossed it with gold EP - then colored it with my Zigs.  Using the same blue Ziggy wash that I did on my card base I carefully inked around the wreath. I then added a stripe of Gold Washi tape to the right side of the card.  For my sentiment I wanted two different fonts so I used a portion of "Happy Birthday Verticle" and "Thanksgiving 1$ Sale" for the rest of the sentiment.  I mounted the sentiment on a little banner and added two gold nail heads. I popped the top panel up with foam tape : )


Our regular monthly challenge is still going on and there is plenty of time for you to join the fun where the theme is Anything Goes!! Just be sure that you include at least one Serendipity Stamps image (stamp or die) on your design! You have until October 29 to join us at the challenge - you can find it HERE at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.

This sweet Pumpkin Border is the Stamp of the Month this month and that means you can get it for 50% off!! So be sure to stop in at the Serendipity Stamp store and start off your shopping spree right! : )



I'll let you get on with the HOP!! Your next stop is the UBER talented and sweeter than pie, Carol Mayne's blog!! but before you go... PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. One random comment will be selected from the blogs on the hop as winner of a $20 gift certificate for Serendipity Stamps! Who knows it might just be YOU! But you have to leave a comment to enter! You have until midnight US EST on Sunday, October 23 to leave a comment. Mary will announce the winner on her blog on Monday October 24.

Here's the complete blog hop list for your convenience.





Thank you so much for HOPPING by!! : )

Have a wonderful day!

Patti


29 comments:

sandie said...

Stunning background and amazing colouring with the zigs x

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Ms. Patti, this is gorgeous! That is one beautiful wreath, colored beautifully in luscious fall colors. I really like the background, too. Subtle but oh so effective. Wow, this is a beauty! Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

That is one GORGEOUS wreath, Patti, wow!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Patti this is so elegant and really beautiful! The embossing is so rich and beautiful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful embossed with the gold and colored so gorgeously with the Zigs. I do love those Zigs myself. Great tools to use.

Late Blooming said...

Wow! Beautiful coloring.

Marybeth said...

This is just stunning Patti! The colors are gorgeous and so is that strip of washi tape! Love the Zigs for coloring!
This wreath is one of my many favorites from Serendipity Stamps ! I think I may have worn mine out!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Your card is very elegant. Love the layout and your coloring. TFS

cm said...

Blushing over your little shout-out, my darling friend (and now having a sudden craving for pie *grin*!). Another gorgeous wreath that I'd love to have on my door! The gold; the vibrant colours, the shimmery washi...WOW! You certainly create magic with Serendipity products. MAGIC I tell you!
Hugs~c

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER! This is absolutely GORGEOUS in every way my friend!! LOVE that elegant background and your wreath just pops with gorgeous Fall color!! Love it! HUGS

Talitha said...

A beautiful, beautiful card. Thanks so much

Joyce said...

Beautiful and elegant. Love the bright colors with the gold.

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh...this is gorgeous Patti! The coloring, the bit of shimmer from the Washi, the offset wreath...everything is gorgeous!!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning wreath...love all those beautiful fall colors.

Amy Marshall said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving card.

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and details!

Jill said...

Gorgeous coloring, my friend!

Silver C said...

These colors are luscious with the gold embossing. Good work!

Mary Holshouser said...

Beautiful card.
the hint of blue in the background,
the gold embossing, and the
wonderful shading of the fruit -
fantastic.
Love it.
thanks for sharing.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Patti! Love the gold embossing & bright colors you used. The strip of washi tape really finishes it off nicely.

TaeEun said...

A very Pretty thanksgiving card with so many lovely details, Patti!

Sue D said...

So elegant. I like the coloring.

Pat R said...

Neat background and wonderful colors on the wreath!

Chris Handy said...

Love the colors you chose. This card is my favorite of this hop.

Nancy Penir said...

Patti, your wreath is so rich and wonderful! That strip of washi is just icing on your cake (or in this case, wreath!

cghundley said...

Gorgeous card,
love the wreath
and the washi
tape.
Carla from Utah

Birgit said...

This is truly stunning!! I always enjoy seeing your coloring skills at work. You're incredibly talented!!

Jean said...

So elegant! thank you for the inspiration!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful!