Friday, May 30, 2014

Stamp swap



This past weekend when my friends and I got together to play with paper we did some stamp swapping.  Here are two cards I made with some of the images I borrowed  : )

Both cards use images by Unity Stamp - a company I had not heard of before.  For my first card I used "Shop. Lunch. Chat Gal" along with some DSP by Stampin Up.  I selected these patterned papers to coordinate with this new ribbon I just got.  Isn't it sweet!? It is actually elastic : ) I can't tell you the name of it because I got it from a local liquidator type store.  It was on a bolt but there were no markings to indicate the maker.  That store is wonderful but you know when you find something great - buy what you want because when it is gone it is gone forever : )



For my second card I duplicated a technique my friend, Theresa, was working on at our play day.  You simply cut your card base and another white cs piece and lay it directly on top of your card base. Then stamp your images on top of both pieces of paper. Lift off the top piece and layer a contrasting piece of cs under it and walla! Easy Peasy!! no eyeballing it up and hoping your images line up it works perfect : ) Maybe this is an old technique but I'd never tried it before. 



I used another image from Unity Stamp called "Let's Ketchup".  I layered it on top of my background created using "Wonderful Friend" from Close To My Heart. 

Our friends at Shopping Our Stash challenge blog have challenged us to create a background for a card using stamps! : ) My card works out nicely for this challenge so I will be entering it this week.  Why not join the fun at Shopping Our Stash and create a background using stamps for your next project?

These two cards bring my total to 54 cards completed with just 47 days left to go! I'm talking about a personal challenge I posed for myself to create 100 cards in 100 days.  I am offering BLOG  CANDY! as you cheer me on simply by leaving a comment on today's post.  See all the details HERE.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Patti

12 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Adorable cards! Your top card is lovely and girly and I really like your new ribbon! And what a fun technique you used on your second card. Two more cards towards your goal! Hope you have a great weekend, Patti!

Carole Z said...

Fab stamps Patti and two gorgeous cards...I just love my daily visit to your blog! Have a great weekend, hugs Carole Z X

Helen F. said...

Patti, these two cards are so fun and fabulous! Thanks for the inspiring and clever ideas ;-)

Kelly said...

awesome idea to swap stamps! love the cards!

Carmen said...

These are both so beautiful. Glad you found Unity stamps they are incredible!

Unknown said...

Glad to see you enjoying the stamps.And tried the technique too. You are right, it is easy. I challenge you to try one with 3 papers when you stamp. The effect is more vivid. I love the dress one. Tell us how you color: markers, ink, pencils??? Have to take me to that store next time Im in town! Always love your cards Patty. You are so very talented.

Beth F. said...

How fun to be able to swap stamps! Your dress card is so elegant. I love it! Great technique on the second card. I have seen it before in videos that I have watched. They used 3 layers of white cs and called it triple time stamping. I have never tried it though and love seeing it! It turns out so pretty every time.

Peanut said...

Sorry I've been MIA for a while... but your comments have been of much comfort. LOVE this card, so feminine, sophisticated and utterly elegant. Sounds like you, my friend! ;-)
much blessings, Asha

Deb Naylor said...

Cute cards especially love the girlie girl one! Good luck with your goal that is a fun one!

Greta said...

2 neat cards, but the first one really grabbed my attention! Beautiful!

Donna said...

Fantastic cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping our Stash for the "Background Check" challenge!

Linda said...

Great cards. I love your debossed card. Wow, over half way there.