Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

Inside sentiment reads: "is having a friend by your side"


I'm a bit tardy for the hop but I didn't want to miss this fun event sponsored each month by Papertrey Ink.  Our challenge this month is based on this photo:



There were three wonderful sketch options but I selected this one:



I created a second card using the same sketch but added a few more details : ) I simply LOVE the "Movers & Shakers Sentiments" stamp set by PTI especially when used with the zipper die.  I guess the kid in me still loves surprises and it makes me smile knowing the recipient will have fun pulling back the zipper to reveal the rest of the sentiment.

Under the zipper it reads: "sending you a little something special!"


That is it for me for today but before I go I would like to introduce my newest follower, Lynne, from Ruby-Dooby-Doo Crafts blog.  Lynne has a FUN and playful style that I really love!! She follows all the way from northern Ireland and has THE cutest dog!! Please do pop over and see her wonderful cards and when you do be sure to leave some love!

There is still time to join the hop at Papertrey Ink. I will be spending the remainder of the afternoon hopping from blog to blog seeing the wonderful talents and soaking up all the sweetness this challenge inspires in blogland.

Have a wonderful day!!

Patti

Supplies:
White cs from PTI
Patterned paper "Dotty For You" by CTMH
Sentiments from "Movers & Shakers Sentiments" by PTI
Zipper die from PTI
Enamel Dots created by me : ) by melting Perler beads (so easy! see this post for instructions)





34 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Lovely cards, Patti! And way to go with making your own enamel dots - I think they're amazing!

Another two cards towards to your goal! It's getting closer!

Hugs,
Kitty

Diane Jaquay said...

I love them both, and especially the one with the zipper die, how fun!!

Lynn Put said...

Both cards are very sweet! Pretty designer papers and a fun surprise with the second card using the zipper die.

Joyously Noelle said...

simple and sweet! And a zipper die-how neat!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Adorable, who doesn't love to see what's under the zipper. I even like to pull them! I need to use mine more. thanks for inspiring me to do so!!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Great cards! Love the Surprise one..

Karen said...

Great cards! Love the subtle embossing on the second one.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Perfect sentiment for a great card!

Kara said...

sweet card!!

craftmates said...

Lovely cards!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

so clean and pretty! love them!

Sherrie M. said...

Nicely done! Way to rock it with that old movers & shakers set. Very pretty card and the surprise is perfect.

Happy Dance said...

Two great cards, Patti. Love the zippery one especially. Probably because like you, I still love surprises! Heard you live in WI...me too...right on Lake Michigan in the SE part. Anyway, love these cards. Bev

Betty Wright said...

Great look with the pennants and papers! I love that you incorporated the zipper die! Great design!

A Crafty Person said...

I love this card! What a great idea to make it a zipper card. So very fun.

Martha said...

Patti, both cards are so adorably sweet!

Darnell said...

Two more great designs, Patti!! Hugs, Darnell

Jen Carter said...

So pretty! Love your paper choices!

Helen F. said...

Two fun and colorful banner cards for the Hop, Patti! Love the zipper one :-) I am really likin this sketch and think I will definitely use it again (just need to remember where I "file" the printed copies :o)

New Creations said...

Love your creations!!I have seen the zipper die first time, amazing!!! perfect sentiment with perfect paper choice!

Beth F. said...

Very cute cards! I believe in quilting those triangles would be called Prairie Points. Beautiful bold colors and I love your use of the enamel dots.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both fantastic! Great takes on the sketch & colour combo!

Carole Z said...

Such sweet cards Patti, have never seen the zipper die - it is so effective and I love the designs and summer colours, hugs Carole Z X

Celeste Goff said...

What pretty cards! Such pretty colors!

Diana K said...

Great cards, you always make such great cards! Love the tear-off strip.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful happy card .. love the zipper die, I'd have that ripped off as soon as it popped through the mailbox!
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

ellyscard creatief said...

Very nice card.
Gr Elly

carol (krillsister) said...

Darling cards. Love the colorful banner. Very creative to use the zipper die above the banner.

Marybeth said...

Both your cards are pure perfection Bev! Love them both! the zipper one is too fun!

Mandy LaCroix said...

Love your cards and how you incorporated the Dotty For You paper! THanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Golden Goddess Designs said...

i love how you overlapped the triangle banners!

Unknown said...

Totally over the top cards Patti. They almost slipped past me. I am so glad I found them. I really love the colors and the zipper! Keep em coming.

Regena said...

Beautiful card!!

Regena said...

Beautiful card!!