Thursday, November 13, 2014

We'll always be friends...

My card today is for a wonderful new challenge blog called Retro Rubber Challenge Blog brought to you by some fun and creative!! blogland friends.  Please consider joining this "far out" group!! : )

For this challenge we are asked to use our oldest stamp.  These groovy pair of jeans are definitely one of my oldest images.  It was included in a stamp set by The Angel Company.  The Angel Company introduced me to unmounted stamps and I never looked back! : ) sadly this company is no longer in business but I still enjoy many OLD stamps from my early paper crafting days.



I wanted to make a CAS card so I selected my favorite white cs from Papertrey Ink and stamped my image directly on the card face.  I added a hint of color to the jeans and also some ink splatters for a little added color.  Finally I added some flower brads that, in the paper craft hobby, are now a bit retro too! : )  The sentiment was a gift from a friend a few years ago that I have never used so therefore it qualifies as NBUS : ) Unfortunately I immediately transferred the image to my stamp storage when I got it and failed to note the manufacturer so I can't say where this sentiment is from.

Thank you, Jane and Katie for introducing this fun challenge blog.  I look forward to many more fun and inspiring challenges from you and your talented DT!

If you have some "never before used stuff" please check out blogland's talented and entertaining friend, Darnell, to learn more about NBUS : ) You'll be left giggling all day long!


(((Hugs)))
Patti

18 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this sentiment totally makes me smile! Great card!

Alanna said...

This is so cute. I love the image and the sentiment.

KT Fit Kitty said...

So fun to look back at our old stamps, isn't it! I had fun with this one too! Your card is groovy, baby!

Claire Grantham said...

Love it, great use of x2 older stamps! I laughed at the brad comment - so true. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Cx

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun stamp and brads, they sure were the rage at one point in time weren't they!!

Debbie Mageed said...

Ah! Those jeans look almost identical to my very first pair of jeans! I really thought they are the best! Your CAS card is perfect for the first challenge with Retro Rubber. Thank you for playing along and hope to see you back soon!

Unknown said...

Love the jeans and particularly the sentiment! What a fun card!! Thanks for joining Retro Rubber in its debut blog challenge. We hope to see you back often!!

Neva Cole said...

Reminds me of the movie "Sisterhood of the traveling pants". For what it is worth I have a few stamps that I do not know the manufacturers either. I bought them unmounted at a rubber stamp convention and neglected to write it down. Alas! I love using brads and such as well, you will probably see an eyelet or two making an appearance at Retro Rubber! Thanks for joining us!

Anonymous said...

Patti, this card is perfect for the Retro Rubber challenge. I can see why you didn't part with this stamp set. It's too cool and perfect for making a card for a longtime friend. Thanks for joining us for our first RRBC challenge. I hope you'll play along next week too.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is such a cool stamp!! I love the fun sentiment to go with it!! Yes, I saw this challenge and meant to do something for it, but life got in my way!! LOL!!

So glad you shared!! :)

Deepti said...

This is so fun!!

Pink Peep said...

Patti! First thank you for the shout out and adding Retro Rubber to your sidebar! You are awesome! Second - Thanks for playing along!! Third and most important - my heart melted when I saw this card - the jeans are so cool! Somebody else said "sisterhood of the traveling pants". My wino group calls ourselves the "Divine Sisterhood of the Traveling Winos". I adore this card! jane

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a wonderful card! I love those old faded blue jeans, they are just so much fun. And your sentiment, so perfect.

Lynne in NI said...

Heee, I love your groovy jeans, great sentiment too!

Christine Traversa said...

soo cool!

Carole Z said...

Love those jeans and the sentiment...fabulous card! Hugs Carole Z X

Taunya Butler said...

I agree with you, Darnell is awesome and you never fail to giggle when you visit her!! What a sweet thing you are to mention her and leave a link to her blog!! I love this card - if feels perfectly hip, cool and retro!! What an amazing job you have done with it! Love the soft touches of color you added - perfectly done!!

Helen F. said...

HA! true statement...especially for friends who go waaaay back to when those 'groovy' jeans were popular!