Sunday, December 21, 2014

Camouflaging Die Cuts

Welcome to my newest follower Jennifer Spivey. : )  Jennifer if you have a blog please send me the link!! I would love to visit you : )

Laura Bassen is a papercrafting genius in my book! : ) I love her silly straight forward personality! I can listen to her tutorials all day! She once called herself a "redneck" I'm still giggling about that one!  Please check out her blog, Doublestick Heaven for all sorts of eye candy and inspiration!!

Laura is our hostess for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday.  See her EASY PEASY "how to" video HERE

Without further ado... here is my take on this fun challenge.  It was so easy and I am loving the results!! I can see this technique is going to be in my "favorite" file for a long time to come.



I hope you are all having a fun (not frenzied) holiday so far. 

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:

White cs by PTI
Sentiment from PTI Wonderful Words: Snow stamp set
Snow Die from coordinating PTI stamp set
Mini gems from CTMH

16 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my, I LOVE this! I just dashed off to watch the tutorial and now I really want to make one of these! I love your subtle colors paired with the big die cut! Gorgeous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty in the soft colors! The word really stand outs - well done!

Rosemary said...

oohhh... gorgeous!

Joyce said...

I have to say that I feel EXACTLY the same as you do about Laura and her videos. I could watch her teach anything. Your card is absolutely stunning--I love the soft color scheme you used--and am wondering why I didn't think to use this stamp set. Merry Christmas.

Lisa Elton said...

Soft, pretty and fabulous!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous, Patti! Love this! I will go check out the tutorial! Merry Christmas!

Darnell said...

That Laura is such a joy!! But really, it's easy? I haven't had a chance to watch it and can't wait, especially now that you say it's easy. That result is so fabulous in my book, too! I love it!! Happy Holidays, Patti, and all the best in the new year! Thank you for your friendship!! Hugs, Darnell

Helen F. said...

This is just perfect! Love the SNOW die, subtle colors and drops of icy bling!
Sending warm wishes to you and your family a beautiful Christmas, Patti. {{{HUGS}}}

Carole Z said...

Love this card Patti, the die is fab...must get that for next year! I love the subtle hint of colour and am going to check out the tutorial, if I don'y get the chance to say again (though sure I will) Merry Christmas! Hugs Carole Z X

Taunya Butler said...

Thanks, Patti for showing us this beautiful card!! I agree that Laura Bassen is ultra talented!! Love seeing her creations and I loved seeing what you did with this card. So lovely - Have a super happy (not frenzied) holiday!!!

*Vicki* said...

This is really so soft and pretty here Patti!! I love it!! I am with you on Laura's videos!! I could listen to her talk all day! LOL!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Jeanne J. said...

Love your clean style! SO glad Mary from Serendipity introduced us! Your newest follower!

Lynne in NI said...

CAS perfection! Love your subtle colours and little touches of bling.
Have a fab Christmas Patti :)

Kim Heggins said...

I still need to give this a try...your card so so pretty and I love that soft and sweet colors you used, just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sending me this card Patti. I love it. It is super wonderful and even more beautiful in person. Love you!

Jane Knudsen said...

This is so cool! I played with the technique of stamping then cutting the image and popping it up but I like this technique better. Beautiful card!