Sunday, September 16, 2018

Greetings from New Mexico!!

That's right! we are finally moved and working hard to get settled. Some aspects of the move went  perfectly! and some not so good but when we arrived at our new home, (seeing it for the very first time other than pictures), we were prepared for some disappointments.  I am thrilled to tell you ALL the surprises were happy ones! and we are feeling incredibly blessed.

The following is a post that I actually scheduled to go live on August 27th.  The thing about computers is that they are so ... so... LITERAL! giggles.  Just because I put in the schedule date as 9/27 instead of 8/27 you'd think , being computers are so smart!, that it would just know what I meant! LOL   I was pretty surprised to turn on my computer in my new crafty space only to realize my post never went live at all but was dutifully waiting for September 27th.

Thank you for taking a few minutes to read my, now stale, post and I promise to give you something fresh very soon!!

Thank you all for your support and prayers - we needed them and they were answered! We are here safe and very very happy!! : ) 



Just taking out a minute for a coffee break... or in my case a tea break! to show off my CAS card as a Penny Black Simplicity Sister! : )  These products make life as enjoyable as a steaming cup of your favorite brew!  Take your coffee break at the Simplicity at it's Best blog for some delicious eye candy to go with it!! giggles



Two paramedics were dispatched to check on a 92- year old man who had become disoriented.  They decided to take him to the hospital for evaluation.  En route with siren going the questioned the man to determine his level of awareness... leaning close one asked sir do you know what we’re doing right now?  The old man slowly looked up at him, then gazed out the window.  Oh he replied I’d say about 50 maybe 55.

Today the movers are coming to load up a truck! Bright and early tomorrow morning we will be headed to our new home in New Mexico! We are as tired as a couple of 60+ year olds can get and soooo ready for this to be over with!!  Everything has gone perfectly and we are excited to begin the next leg of our adventure!! : )

I am guessing that some time in the middle of October I will be back to blogging in full swing : ) I am itching to get out in Blogland to see what all of you have been up to but alas! after this post goes live I will be shutting down my computer for the move. eeeek! moving day is finally here!! : ) See you soon! and thanks a bunch for all your support and prayers!! : )


Penny Black Supplies:
51-375 Snowflake Stitched Frames
40-456 Saying a Latte!

BIG (((HUGS)))








17 comments:

Patti said...

Thanks for stopping by!! : )

Vikki H said...

What a great way to end my Sunday, reading about your new beginning! I've wrongly dated items on my computer checkbook and wondered where on earth they went so your story made me giggle! Enjoy your autumn getting acquainted with New Mexico and I'll wait for your new cards.

Loll said...

You are not alone in scheduling the wrong date ... it has happened to me a few times. :) Nothing to do with us having gray hair, I'm sure. :)

What a sweet card. I love that image and it's perfect with the soft and subtle colours.

So glad the move went (mostly) well. Now time for you to settle in. The hard part is done! xx

Barbara said...

For some reason, I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are. Then I get this message this morning and find that everything is fine and even wonderful. So glad to hear that.
I love your card and that die. The card that you sent me for my Bday, hangs on the bulletin board just over my computer and it has the same die cut. I am drooling over, and I think I need to have it.
Look forward to seeing more of your posts in Blogland.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your move! I've been thinking about you and hoping all is going well. So happy to see that you have completed the move and are settling in. I hope you will be very happy in your new home. This card is adorable. What a sweet and happy image, with a bit of impishness to boot. I like the soft coloring and that great frame to show it off. Ooops on the goof with the scheduling. I've never scheduled a post before, but maybe I should, so something would be published on my blog. LOL Be happy! And look forward to seeing more once you are settled in and unpacked. Hugs!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Patti! I'm so excited for you guys... welcome home, at last! I hope you will have the time of your lives there!
Don't forget to send me your new address... one never knows when we'll be driving by!
Your card is darling, and I love her sweet face! What a fabulous frame, Patti!
Big hugs to you both … xx
=] Michele

Happy Dance said...

So glad you're getting all settled in in New Mexico. Don't overdo things though...it will all get done even if you go slowly! Can't wait to see photos of your new home. Sweet little card! Love that image, and huh....look like me when I wake up in the morning, hahahahahaha! No. She is darling, and framed perfectly too. Sending hugs. Bev

Marcia Hill said...

SO glad to see your post and know that you survived the move and are happily settling in! You've been missed!! Your card is FABULOUS as always and I've been known to screw up a few posting dates myself, so you are definitely not alone!! Welcome back my friend!! :0)

Colleen said...

Yeah Patti! So happy you have found your peaceful place, I love your card and will
be keeping my eye on your site for any updates you make! Welcome home friend!
Heart Hugs, Col

Verna Angerhofer said...

I was hoping the silence from you meant you were on the move and I guess you were. So happy the home is exactly as what you had pictured and that there were no disappointments. I am thrilled for you. And, I will be anxiously awaiting the time you get back to blogging full time. But meanwhile have a great time getting settled in. We miss you in South Dakota but we know New Mexico has received some great people with you two. Have a great life and God bless you!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, in all my excitement about your move I forgot to say how wonderful your card is. I love the soft colors and that is a fantastic image too.

Kim Heggins said...

sweet card and congratulations on your new home!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how wonderful Patti, I'm so happy you're moved and getting settled in! Before you know it you will have it feeling like your own sweet home. What a cute card you're sharing today. I like that pretty little frame!

Birgit said...

Your card is as sweet as can be! I was just thinking about you the other day when I was out on my morning walk, wondering if you'd settled in yet. I'm sure you're as busy as a beaver but it will all be done soon and you can find your new normal routine. Glad you had good surprises with your new home. Can't wait to hear more. Sending hugs my friend.

Bobby said...

I'm so glad everything went well, Patti. I can't imagine moving to a house half way across the country (or all the way from north to south) sight unseen. I must admit I sort of did that once. My husband saw it and knew what I liked so I was happily surprised too.
We look forward to your return to blog land. This darling lady makes me want to come have a cup of tea with you.

Mac Mable said...

Oh Patti I am thrilled for you. So glad, for the most part everything went well and glad you are feeling blessed and so very happy. You had a lot of friendly bloggers support and prayers and they sure look like they worked x.
Fabulous CAS card and the image is wonderful x.
You have been missed x. Hugs x.

Darnell said...

I've been waiting for this post to hear how everything went with the move, Patti! How wonderful that you are settled and loving your new home! Don't forget to email me your new address! Hugs, Darnell