Monday, November 19, 2018

On the Move and a CAS Birthday



Today is my BIL, John's birthday : ) and I created this card for him.  It is kind of hard to make masculine cards... at least it is for me.  I'm good with pink and flowery but when it comes time to "guy cards" I go blank.  When I saw this image in  Penny Black's new Welcome Winter release I thought it would be a perfect image for a birthday card or even a Sympathy card.... not that John's birthday is synonymous with sorrow! giggles!

I want to enter my card in the AAA Cards challenge where the challenge is "On the Move"  I also want to join my old friends and team mates at Seize The Birthday for the CAS birthday card challenge going on over there right now.  I hope you'll join me in the gallery at these two great challenge blogs!!




In honor of my BIL I invite you to eat some cake! and do something you LOVE today!! Happy Birthday John and please give my kid sister a BIG hug : )



All the supplies for my card today are by Penny Black:
Winter Days #30-517
Gratitude #30-105

BIG (((HUGS)))








10 comments:

Patti said...

I decided to make my password “incorrect” Because if I type it wrong, my computer will remind me, “your password is incorrect” : )

This is such a good idea! LOL

Thank you so much for your comments!!

Marcia Hill said...

A perfect masculine card and I thank you for the idea as I go blank when just thinking about masculine cards!! Love just the hint of blue in those perfect clouds too...FABULOUS card my friend!! :0)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Ha, that's a cute joke! Nice masculine card, Patti. I find them tough too. My go-to's for guy cards are nautical, trees, and deer/wildlife. I like your choice of the geese! He'll love it!

Jeanne said...

Masculine cards are tough. Sometimes I think all we need to do is stamp or die cut happy birthday and it'd be good. LOL Yours here is wonderful. I always admire your light hand with color. Just a hint and it's so effective. Hope your BIL has a wonderful birthday!

Lisa Elton said...

Geese among the clouds is a familiar sight for us! I love to hear them honking as they fly over! This is a terrific masculine card and I'll bet the birthday boy enjoyed it! Happy Birthday to John!

*Vicki* said...

I think this makes for a wonderful masculine card! I love the image and the soft clouds behind them! Fabulous design and thanks for sharing! HUGS

I Card Everyone said...

so flocking perfect for a guy … sorry. I just couldn't resist! xx
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well, I think you rocked the masculine card. I am sure John will love it too.

Mac Mable said...

Yay to eating cake.....Wonderful masculine card and love the fun and creative theme of on the move for the challenge x.

LucieGCards said...

What an elegant card! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!