Friday, October 19, 2018

Which is better?

Which is better... Friday or a new release from Penny Black?  I say... why choose!?

Every Friday from now until mid December I will be posting cards I have made with some really terrific product from Penny Black's newest release "Welcome Winter".  It will be like...

  "Fun Fridays with Patti and Penny" heeheehee




Here are two different ways I used the new Tweet Wreath stamp.


For my first card I used three different metallic embossing powders to create a kind of elegant effect.

My second card also uses embossing powders but this time I used Detail White.  I really love the effect of using white EP on white paper especially when you introduce some color like I did here by sponging a green circle for the wreath to lay on.

I really love the sentiment on this card too.  Nothing could be truer : )



All supplies by Penny Black:
Both cards used Tweet Wreath #40-630
Card #1 Rejoice die cut  #51-251
Card #2 sentiment from Smile All Season # 30-516

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I have been enjoying lots of time in my new craft room this week.  I can't wait to show you all the cards I have been creating.  I also can't wait to get back to a regular schedule of visiting your blogs too!!  I'm so excited to say that my life is finally back to normal!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
BIG (((HUGS)))








13 comments:

Patti said...

Thanks a bunch for stopping by friends!!

Birgit said...

Oh my, I think both options are just grand... Friday and new releases! Both of your cards are stunning my friend. Lovely shimmer and shine on the first card and I adore the sentiment on the second card. Win! Win!!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Patti! These are gorgeous! That first card with the wreath, so elegant! And the emboss resist on the second card is stunning. When you come back to play...you mean business! Love it! Am very excited for you to be all set up and raring to go now. Look forward to more of your beautiful cards! Yay! Hugs!

Marcia Hill said...

Fridays with Penny & Patti...LOVE it and I'll be there!! Your cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Patti!! Love the pink with all the gold in your 1st card (that wreath is a STUNNER!!) and am absolutely in LOVE with your 2nd card with the soft greens and white embossing...SOOOO pretty! I just love these happy posts from you lately and am so happy for you that life is good and you are back to enjoying time in your creative space! God IS good!! :0)

*Vicki* said...

Yes, why choose!? I think both of these are absolutely gorgeous pretties!! The embossing looks so regal and stunning! The white heat embossing on the second design looks so soft and elegant!! Beautiful job with that wreath image my friend! HUGS

Barbara said...

Even though this popped up on Saturday, I am so looking forward to the weekly post. These cards are so elegant and have such grace. The best part is that you are feeling back to yourself. Best wishes!

Bobby said...

Patti and Penny go together like milk and cookies, Patti. A variety of tastes all sweet and satisfying. The embossed wreath is beautiful any way you do it.

Verna Angerhofer said...

You really rocked using that design. I love both options equally but I really say I do love the sentiment on the second one the most. They are both gorgeous though.

Mac Mable said...

Yeah to getting back to normal x
Your first card is so very elegant and absolutely beautiful and love the metallic embossing and the delicate colours.
Great technique and layout on the second card and yes a wonderful sentiment x.

Vikki H said...

Congratulations on finding your mojo after your summer's move and the new crafty room! Your cards are gorgeous and it's a draw as to which is my fave but the pink card and its varied embossing probably wins!
Looking forward to P & P Fridays!!

Colleen said...

Patti, I am sorry to be so late in getting around to the blogs I love to visit, especially yours! I am still struggling with the knee NOT bending. Your two cards are awesome, such great inspiration. Now I think I need this stamp, thanks friend for the enabling! *wink

Lisa Elton said...

I could NOT pick a favorite here if I tried! These are both beautiful Patti. The rejoice sentiment on the first is marvelous and I love the white wreath on the second. A beautiful pair sweet friend!

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards with this beautiful wreath image Patti! LOVE pink and gold together ... a perfect combination. Great idea to combine different metallic embossing powders for a unique look. LOVE your second card with the white embossing and soft green sponging. Congrats on your new Patti and Penny feature. Looking forward to every Friday to see what you make! xx