Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spirelli Thank you card


I created this super! easy card - using my "Thanks" Cuttlebug embossing folder, my Stampin' Up scallop punch and a little swatch of some ribbon I bought at Michael's. The real treasure of this card is in the delicate flower center. I used a Spirelli that my friend "karenirene" gave me. She is a talented papercrafter. She introduced me to this beautiful paper art. I have since been given a Spirelli punch and a "how-to" book by another generous friend "gloworm"!! : ) Spirelli art is very easy but as you can see the outcome is elegant and intricate!

I punched out the scallop so that the Spirelli - which is mounted on the inside of the card on top shows through. Easy! and elegant.

Thank you for looking!

Patti

5 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Gorgeous card Patti! I love spirelli, I have a few punches myself. It always wows people!

Judy said...

This is very pretty, Patti! I love the blue and white color scheme. I also love how you punched the window into the CB background. I've seen that done with some of the others patterns like the Swiss dots, but never occurred to me to do that on one of the word backgrounds. I think spirelli is very pretty, and I really like it in the smaller size. A lot of what I have seen has been pretty big and can be a little overpowering sometimes. Reminds me of my Spirograph I had as a kid. :) Also like how you tied the ribbon through the window. Great job!
Judy
PS - On my HM challenge card, the ribbon is tied through the card. I punched a hole, put in a large eyelet, then pulled the ribbon through and tied it.

Janice W. said...

Very pretty! I am not familiar with spirelli. I think I might have to google to learn more about it!(I am a google freak.)hehee

Susan said...

Very pretty Patti! This is one technique I have not tried yet but it is on my to try list. Love how it looks on your pretty card.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is darling. I never heard of Spirelli either. I'll be doing the google thing too. But I love how you applied the ribbon and the punched out window. Fabulous card.