Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Use it! #4 and the CPS sketch challenge


I really have been enjoying all the challenges I'm finding while "blurfing" : ) what a hip Grandma I am *wink* This card is for two challenges I hope you will take some time to check out these two great blogs. I am sure you will find them both challenging and inspirational!
This card design is my take on this weeks CPS challenge sketch. The elements of the design were inspired by the "Use it" challenge. Our challenge hostess at the "Use It Challenge", Rae, offers up weekly fun and the challenge of using up that old "stash". Each week Rae draws a winner who in turn shouts out a "Use It" challenge for the next week. My friend, Judy was the winner of last weeks drawing so she has asked that for this weeks challenge card we use:
Scraps of any kind -
paper, odd embellishments, ribbon - any odds and ends you have.

Punches and/or die cuts -

Two or more different ribbons -

One or more embellishments that you once loved and use a lot, but haven't used for a long time -
I have paper scraps (boy! do I have paper scraps!) so I went to my bulging filing cabinet and selected two scraps. I used one of my favorite Sizzlits die cuts "Adirondack Chair". I used two ribbons one is the peach polka dot and the other is the plain white ribbon I threaded through my Love em' but have not used em' in a long time embellishment - the two epoxy buttons by Making Memories. To incorporate the design element from CPS I added a round circle - embossed with "Traffic Jam" by Cuttlebug and added a paint chip. The sentiment is from The Angel Company - stamped with that handy dandy product StazOn ink!
I'm getting fairly good at incorporating my old "stuff" when making cards for the "Use It" challenge but one thing I have not mastered is making my cards look "modern". But I'm a work in progress! and I'm having fun : ) that counts right???
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

yAy Ms. Patti... L♥VE your creation here!!! Your stamped sentiment is FABulous over that paint chip!! And I love those chairs, fantabulous card my friend!! Thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge ;)
hugs!!
~rae

Linda Beeson said...

Oh my goodness, how perfect is that paint chip on here and LOVE those lawn chairs! Great use of that CPS sketch.

Judy said...

LOL! Blurfing?? That is a new one for me. I'm guessing it's a combination of "blogging" and "surfing"? You're so funny. :) I love your card. I have a ton of paint chips that I picked up thinking "oh these would be cool to use on cards". Do I ever? Noooo That is a way cool die too. Thanks for doing my challenge!
Judy

Susan said...

Love the chairs and the paint chip Patti! Great take on both challenges. As for "modern".....I didn't know we had to worry about that too when making our cards....LOL! I've been using paper I bought in the 90's that I just recently unpacked from storage.....I doubt that is in style but I still like it!

coldwaters2 said...

What a great card Patti love the colours and those chairs just finish it off lovely.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Suzanne :O ) said...

sweet card, patti! I love that chair too, looking at it is and instant "ahhh" moment for me! ;) love the layering of all the elements, and those buttons are especially fun! :D

Unknown said...

This is just darling! I love the paint chip...plenty modern looking too!

RE the clear film I used for my card, I'm not sure what it is, it might be acetate. I used a Scor-it tool to create a folding crease. Without scoring the stuff is a real bear to fold!

(-: Heidi

GiftsByHeidi said...

Wow Patti, awesome! Love that you stamped on the paint chip!! Love your new blog header too! :)

Unknown said...

Great Job! You make any colors and patterns look super! Soon we will all be able to sit in lawn chairs in our back yard! Wonder.... if I can find a way to scrap outside so I can enjoy the spring weather.... when it gets here! Love you Patti, Theresa

Tonya said...

This is such a neat card! I like that you used the paint chip and everything looks so cheerful.

Anonymous said...

Another clearly outstanding creation. Those chairs are too cute. The paint chip with the stamped sentiment, Brilliant!! The colors and layers are superb, And the buttons- perfection.

Gorgeous card Patti!