Saturday, March 8, 2014

Origami paper bow



Here is a simple pretty little card I created highlighted by a Origami paper bow. My card  was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  I set out to find a tutorial to teach me how to make the bows and found many but oh! how I struggled to get it right.  I ended up needing three different tutorials on U tube to get me through it. I finally got it and now feel they are really easy to make! heehee isn't it funny how that works sometimes? : ) 


This tutorial and this tutorial were ones that I used along with a Japanese tutorial.  The Japanese tutorial link is not working so I will not share it here but hopefully this will be enough if you choose to make some of these darling little paper bows.

My bow is created from a lightweight paper - not origami paper. 

I added some embossing on the top part of the card and a simple sentiment for a simply sweet card.  Once I got started making these bows I found it hard to stop LOL  I ended up making a dozen or more bows in different colors.  I created card fronts similar to this one only I left the sentiment off.  I set them aside in my card box for future use where, depending on what the occasion,  I can pull one out - add the sentiment I need and in just minutes I will have a card ready to go. : )

That's it for today : )  Please see THIS POST for details of how you could be selected to win a FREE card in my March 17th drawing. 

Have a great day!!

Patti

5 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous, Patti! Love this card and that beautiful bow you made -well worth your effort! Lovely embossing folder too!

Rose said...

Patti i LOVE this bow!!! :)

*Vicki* said...

So very beautiful!! Really love that elegant embossing! :)

Peanut said...

Beautiful embossed background and that bow is the perfect finishing touch. I must give it a go.
hugs, Asha

Beverly Ann said...

Soooooo impressed with the bow and the whole package :) love it!