Monday, March 21, 2016

Feeling ducky!

I LOVE these adorable little ducks! I remember when I was a little girl my dad came home with some ducks! He was amazing like that often bringing home some sweet thing for us to learn to care for.



My adorable little image is "The Ducks" from Serendipity Stamps.

I am excited to enter the challenge going on at Serendipity Stamps Blog where the theme is Circles and Dots.   : )



I applied random patches of pastel chalk to my paper and then I cut out the circle die.  I sponged the lower portion of the card with Limeade Ice ink from PTI and Daffodil Delight ink from SU.  Next I stamped my sweet little ducks and added color with my Prisma pencils.  Because I stamped my image over the inked background all my eggs were yellow.  I wanted them to be colored so I stamped and colored some new eggs and fussy cut them out to glue on top of the yellow ones.  I really liked how it looked because it added some sweet texture! Finally I added some random dots from the scrap of my original chalked paper.  My sentiment is from Simply Spring Borders from PTI.

I spent about a half hour searching for the maker of my circle die cut but sadly I have come up empty! I thought it was Elizabeth Craft but... If you know what who the maker is I would love to edit my post to add it.

I think that is all for me today.  I am hoping to get some time in my crafty space today because word has it there is a very special Birthday Party HOP going on in honor of one of Blogland's sweetest and most talented neighbors that I don't want to miss.

A reminder, if you have not already heard the news, Darnell is cooking up some April Fools fun! be sure to check out her idea HERE.



Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Patti

19 comments:

Linda said...

Patti, so adorable and love your Doodlie card too. So Springy.

Peanut said...

Eeeek! How cute is this card! LOVE the linked circles border. And such sweet colours too.
x Asha

Mac Mable said...

Oh this is the cutest card. Clever idea to cut out eggs and pop them on top. Love that circle die and how you've popped on the small dots on the top right of your card. However.... the star of the show is those cute ducks and how lovely was is that your dad brought you some home when you where small? x

Janis said...

What an adorable card!!! Love the pretty chalked circle die cut and your flawless fussy cutting of the colorful eggs. Super sweet Easter card.

Thank you for your very kind comments on my projects. You made my day! Thank you, also, for becoming a follower. I have returned the favor and also subscribed to your blog by email so I don't miss a thing!

Have a wonderful day!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

weim house said...

Love your card and yes a great reminder of having chicks as a child! It is a great memory! Your card design is just a "Wow" ! All of your cards! You are awesome! :) You have lots of great designs and ideas! The time spent on the details are well worth the effort! Thank you for your kind comments! I'm always in "rush" mode ...glad I stopped bye; LOVE your details! Thanks for inspiring! Happy Easter!

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I am in love with the ducks and the way you used that circle die and the fun chalking is fabulous!!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, how sweet is this fuzzy little trio!! Love the soft spring colors Patti. This is a darling card!

Darnell said...

This is adorable in every way, Patti! Great use of that die!! Hugs, Darnell

Bananastamper said...

Such a cute spring card! I agree, those little ducklings are sweet!
Cheers,
Shanna :)

designbydonna said...

The ducks are so cute. Love the pastel colors and the circle die on the bottom.

Mary Dew Lee said...

What an adorable card! Your coloring techniques are amazing! The chalk and prismacolors are gorgeous. Thanks for entering the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!

OH Babs said...

Patti one of the cutest Easter cards I have seen. The stamp and die are great. Happy Egg Hunting!

Beth F. said...

What a sweet Easter card! I love the colors and the circles you used on it.

Marybeth said...

I loved the way you used these sweet ducks! Such a pretty and spring colored card! Sorry I can’t help you with the die.
We had one lithe duck for a while growing up, not a happy ending. Thanks for joining us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog, Patti. God bless you!

Jen Mitchell said...

What an adorable Easter card Patti. I love those little ducks!

Alanna said...

What a darling card. I love the soft colors you used and those sweet little ducks are just too cute.

Kim Heggins said...

This card is as adorable as it gets. Just love your sweet duckies.

Kim Heggins said...

Patti...when you get a chance would you mind emailing me. I looked for your email on your blog but could not find it. Mine is kimheggins@comcast.net
Thanks so much.

Jeanne J. said...

OOOH I love this! So bright clean and cheery! These duckies look so fresh!