Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Spring in Blogland!!

Isn't it wonderful to see all the signs of Spring popping up in Blogland! : ) Tulips are among the first to show themselves - especially since Papertrey Ink released this lovely stamp set!



I have a feeling that this is going to be my favorite stamp set this spring!! : ) I love the amazing detail in the three stamp - stamped flowers.



I am very excited to see that our friend Darnell is kicking off a new challenge at djkardkreations with NBUS Challenge #6.  With all that NBUS SCHTUFF! we all have I know there will be plenty of excitement happening at the Playhouse!  Hop over and have a look at the fun Darnell is cooking up!





The design for my card was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch!  and the theme inspired by The Sisterhood of Crafts calling for Spring cards.  I have been determined to join more challenges and have found some really terrific ones, like these, simply from visiting other blogs.  Please click on the links that I've provided and check out these great challenge blogs and the stunning talent of each DT!

I have been so excited about our new home in the Black Hills of South Dakota that I've wanted to share some of the beauty that surrounds us.





Here is a shot from the Badlands National Park in South Dakota.  The Badlands are about 100 miles east of us.  We go there often and each visit astounds me more! it really is spectacular.

What do you have planned on this first day of March?  To show you how "boring" my life is -yesterday it was clean the house and today! grocery shopping! LOL Ah! but don't feel too bad for me because our best shopping is about 50 miles away so whenever I head 'to town" I always plan some FUN stops at my favorite stores. I NEED to buy more schtuff! right??!!

Whatever you find yourself doing today I hope you enjoy it!! : ) Thanks a bunch for stopping by.

Patti

Supplies: 
NBUS - bran new Tulip Time stamp set
Script writing stamp from the long gone - Angel Company
Coral Baker's Twine from SU
a strip of black and white paper from my stash by Reminiscence

27 comments:

Birgit said...

Patti, this is simple beauty at its best! Alas, I'm still stalking my UPS man... Enjoy your journey today!

Linda said...

Beautiful card Patti. Love this new tulip set. Also, enjoying all of your pictures.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Those tulips are gorgeous, Patti! What a beautiful card! And your photo is breath-taking! Nothing exciting planned for today - housework and the usual, maybe some crafting and blogging. Have a good one!

designbydonna said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love those tulips

Lisa Elton said...

The striped edge, those gorgeous tulips, the text in the background...what's NOT to LOVE about this beautiful card!!

Peanut said...

Oh my word! So pretty, so delicate sooo spring. And the Badlands... seen the jaw-dropping beauty on NatGeo... and now here. Stunning, my friend!
x Asha

Darlene said...

WOW! What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINK SPRING’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

sandie said...

Stunning card, love the background script. Thanks for joining my blog. Just joined yours so I won't miss anymore delights like this card x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, your card is gorgeous -- I love it! Wonderful take on the sketch!
We're going to be driving through the badlands this June on our way to Denver....

KimCreate said...

Very pretty tulip card AND Oh my gosh! you live in a beautiful place! Loved looking at the pictures of nature.

Annie said...

Hi Patti thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. I just love your tulip card - good to see we are all enjoying the latest NBUS challenge. Annie xxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Patti, this is beautiful!
Hugs,
Em x

D.Ann C said...

Gorgeous! This is becoming my favorite set, too! Looks like you had better fortune lining up the die than I did. Sigh. Closed dies never work well for me.

Marybeth said...

Pattie the tulips on the pink script is stunning! Yes,for me hands down my new favorite stamp...just no time to use it again.
Wow what a gorgeous photo and place! You are blessed for sure with the new surrounding landscape . TFS!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! The tulips look amazing!! I love the colors!! What a stunning card!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is stunning Patti! I love that soft pink script behind those gorgeous flowers and that B&W strip down the side, just makes everything pop! Thanks for sharing your amazing pictures with us too! Have a lovely evening my friend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful! I love the subtle script behind the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Helen F. said...

Patti, Your pink tulips on the script background is so beautiful! I love this new set and so surprised I received it~there are hundreds of these beauties in BlogLand providing a ton of inspiration.
TFS your amazing new scenery~so majestic!

*Vicki* said...

The tulips are so pretty Patti!! I am so ready for Spring...but of course it has snowed last night here!! boo! Love the photo of the mountain!! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Leigh Penner said...

Hi Patti,
We are planning on staying in Rapid City, SD on June 16th for the night and then driving from there to Denver the next day. My friend suggested that we check out Sylvan Lake (where they filmed National Treasure 2), which looks like it's on the way to Custer, so I'm sure we could make something work where we could meet in person -- provided you don't mind that my kids will be there, too. ;) My email is pennercl@mymts.net

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, I can why this would become your favourite stamp, what a beautiful impression it gives. Your card is just perfect.

Darnell said...

It's so wonderful to see all the loving comments you are already receiving so soon after coming back, Patti! Well done and well-deserved! Your card is a true match for your majestic scenic photo! It's totally beautiful!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6 and for your kind words and encouragement! Hugs, Darnell

Linda said...

I spotted your beautiful card on Darnell's latest NBUS challenge and I just had to pop by and say I love it!!! Those tulips are so pretty and beautifully coloured ...... I can understand why it's going to become a favourite. Have a lovely weekend xx

TK said...

Beautiful!

Nancy Penir said...

Well I can see some more playing with this stamp is due. Love the sweet image over the script. And love your whole post about the badlands. My hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary on the coast (CA) and I love seeing all the magic of this amazing country we have yet to see. Thank you!

Dana M said...

Gorgeous card Patti! What a lovely tulip stamp.

Jane Knudsen said...

Seriously stunning. I love the colors and that scripty image behind those tulips. Wow!