Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A card for my fisherman!



There is a terrific challenge going on at The Challenge!! Doesn't this picture make you just wanna grab your deck shoes and head for the sea?



I'm not near a sea but when I saw this pretty inspiration photo it made me wanna grab my "Rowboat and Dock" image from Serendipity stamps! : ) this is my go-to image for the perfect masculine card.  Especially for my husband who loves fishing almost! as much as I do : )

My computer is finally fixed! yeah!! and my chores are done so I've had the whole day to play with paper!! I also had time to pull out another picture of the beautiful area we live in and what you'll find here in South Dakota!



We have framed this one and call it "Sun Catcher".  This was actually just a shot of two flowers in front of a store but the way it turned out I think it looks like it was shot in a mirror. The sunflower is not the state flower but you will find these beautiful flowers everywhere! including along the Interstate!.



Before I go I want to remind everyone that Darnell's April Fools Party is only two days away!! I hope you are pulling out your boo boos!! and getting ready for the fun.  See the details on Darnell's HERE.

I'm off to grab a snack and get back playing with paper.  If you are looking for a really fun challenge tonight with a prize!! head over to the Serendipity Stamp blog but hurry because the party is almost over!

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great evening : )

Patti


18 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

That is a terrific masculine card and I love the ribbon banner!! Hope you enjoyed your day of crafting!!

Alanna said...

What a great card. Would be perfect for a man.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Great Card! Love the blue and red! Bet you're hard pressed to find a fishing spot out there in the dry west!

Unknown said...

Great card! It is so hard to make cards and buy gifts for the guys. I find guys so hard to shop for even little guys like our grandson. Girls are easy... just get cute. But boys, cant be too flowery and colors have to be correct.... blah blah blah. Anyway I love you guy card and we will have to share our guy card making supplies so we can "stretch" our possibilities! I like that there was not a lot of fuss with coloring and the image looks great as a clean and crisp image! Great find!

Mac Mable said...

Love the way you've used little colour on the stamped image. Fabulous using red for the sentiments. This is such a clever card and will be pinning this one x

Anita in France said...

What a lovely serene scene, Patti ... that twine tied natural banner is perfect with the sketchy style of the images! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge! Anita :)

Kelly said...

love the depth of your scene and the bold sentiment in the front!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is wonderful, Patti! I love the addition of the cream twill with the words and buttons, perfect accent for the boat and dock stamped image! Thank you for playing along with us at The Challenge!

Monika Reeck said...

woow Patti
this is my winner card
love the image
love the ENJOY in red (I must buy that DIE but never found it in Germany ...SAD)
and the image so beautiful
really manly card even you put red on it
GREAT CARD for any man Patti
and many thanks to visiting my blog
hope tomorrow you visit again we have a new challenge just stay tune รค
hugs from Germany
Monika

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome masculine card! Love the pop of color

Joyce said...

Fab masculine card. Love that you added just a bit of color to your stamped image, and the patterned paper below. Most fun way to do the sentiment--ribbon and die cut together.

Kim Heggins said...

Incredible masculine card...just incredible. I love wonderful stamped image and that stamped ribbon, simply amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fabulous card! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Marybeth said...

Patti I love your card and that perfect stamp from Serendipity Stamps ! You have created wonderful design! My husband and I love fishing too! I grew up with the love of fishing.

Marybeth said...

Yay on the fixed computer!

Jen Mitchell said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration photo! Man-cards are so hard for me but you make it look so easy with these images and that manly ribbon. (Should we even call it ribbon when it's on a card for a man? There must be a better word for it)!

Karren said...

Wow, I love this card!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful image! Love the soft blue stripes behind the crisp, red sentiment, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!