Thursday, March 17, 2016

Shaking it up!



Edited to add:  I just got back from Darnell's blog! she has some FUN she is cooking up for April fools Day!! Check it out HERE.



My cutie patootie Dress Up Dolls stamp set and die combo are making their debut today : ) I loved playing with paper dolls when I was a little girl.  I really appreciate Betsy Veldman creating this sweet product for Papertrey Ink so I can play with paper dolls again! heeheehee.  I put my little boy INSIDE the shaker portion! what could be more fun to be a boy and to be inside a shaker card?! LOL



Aren't they just adorable!! Betsy has even given them little underwear just like real paper dolls.  Such detail to "unmentionables"!  The boys heart underwear crack me up!



I want to enter my card in the fun challenge at Seize the Birthday challenge blog where the theme this time is "The Great Divide" : )  I used a cover plate from PTI and divided up the shaker portion of the card by covering the entire cover plate with an acrylic sheet - then adding foam tape on the back side along each division so I could contain my sprinkles.



I will enter my card in the Just Us Girls challenge because woo hoo!! the theme is:

Shaker Cards!! : ) A match made in heaven - two great challenges.



I will be sending this card to a child who is in the hospital via Send a Smile 4 Kids and I pray it brightens their day.  I have been making cards for children to get a bunch sent to them.  If you love making cards for young children and teens you may want to consider sending your cards to this amazingly good cause.  The challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids challenge blog is "Spring Colors" I love the happy look of spring colors : )



Both my cover plate and my adorable little paper dolls are NBUS so you know what that means!! Check out what our fun and loving friend is doing now that her and Hammy have woken up from their nap! : )

It is cold today here in the Black Hills of South Dakota but the sun is bright and I still believe spring is on the way!!

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a GREEN! day today!!

Patti

Supplies:

Dress Up Dolls stamp and die set - PTI
Retro Style Birthday stamps - PTI
Text Block - You Did I - PTI
Scraps of paper from my stash

24 comments:

sandie said...

Totally adorable!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the sectioned shaker portions! Super fun card -- Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is super cute! I have been on the fence about the paper dolls, but now may have to get them. lol Love the way you did the shaker. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday and Just Us Girls!

Lisa Elton said...

Okay...how fun is this!! Love the little bespectacled fella on the inside and that sweet polka dot shirt on the little lady! FUN card Patti!!

Nancy said...

Totally adorable shaker card Patti! Love that it's divided into sections! I have not seen that done before! So glad you played along with us at Just Us Girls and Seize the Birthday! Thanks for your visits on my blog too! HUGS!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is totally adorable! I love the sections and the multiple shakers. Those paper dolls are really cute. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Darnell said...

Ooohh, this is so precious, Patti! I LOOOVED paper dolls as a kid. There was so much turmoil and dysfunction happening all around and I could escape into fantasy land with those paper imaginary friends. It makes me smile to think they are being embraced by the paper crafting community! These are too darn cute in their unders and you've given them such a happy, happen' place to play with your shaker cubicles! You just get better and better, my friend!!

Thank you so much for editing your post to include my Boo Boo Hop for card flops! Mwahs!! Hugs, Darnell

Emily Shroom said...

So cool you got to play with paper dolls and lovely that you are sending this to help brighten a kid's day!

Peanut said...

This is soooo cute, my friend. LOVE the sectioned shaker card front and oh those cuties in their adorable undies... how precious!!! Have an awesome weekend, Patti!
hugs Asha

JoAnn said...

Adorable shaker card. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Tanvi said...

Patti this is such an adorable card! Love it!

Tanvi said...

Glad to be your newest follower!

Chris Dring said...

What a fantastic shaker card! Love that you used that cover plate for the shaker card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Colleen said...

Patti. this is just too cute!! I love your inspiration. Oh, I too spent hours and hours playing with paper dolls...such great memories...now the kids all play on those electronic gadgets!! Have a great weekend!! And happy Easter to you too!

Unknown said...

All the cards you make are wonderful but this is one of my favorite. I usually dont fancy paperdolls, but this one is SUPER! Makes me want to make one. I like that the dies do all the cutting work for you. I like the comic strip die too. Currently they are out of them. Maybe someday... so it was cold? how cold?

Nora Noll said...

Oh my how cute are these? I LOVE what you did with the Paper Dolls!!

Kim Heggins said...

This is the sweetest birthday card ever!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a cutie! I LOVED paper dolls when I was a kid, cutting out all the new outfits was a great way to put in an afternoon :)

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Really cool shaker card! I'm happy to see paper doll images that have faces, too--so cute! Thanks so much for sharing your artistry. :)
Andrea
Andrea's Paper Antics

Jane Knudsen said...

What a card! So adorable and full of funness!! I just made up a word! As usual - another top notch card!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun and clever! Well done. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the way you paired the paper dolls with the divided coverplate - sweet card!

Alanna said...

Awww, what an adorable card. I love the fun die you used that allowed those little dolls to peek out.

A splash of color said...

Yea your a winner.. but then we knew you were.. such a fun card. The kids will Love Love it. Susan