Sunday, March 6, 2016

Time to Celebrate!!



My card today is a fun birthday card I created using Papertrey Ink's ingenious "Scene I - Celebration Dies"  I knew I just had to own these great dies when I saw them.  They make for a fast and fabulous card!!



I also used the Birthday Cheer Die and the Balloon Bash Cover Plate Die.  You can whip these cards up really quickly! .... well that is if you aren't me LOL I seem to take forever when I make a card.

I cut my stars from (an expensive!) sheet of glitter paper from Michael's (but it was worth it!).  I cut the balloons from white card stock and them inked them with sponges.  Finally I cut the word Celebrate from a matching light green cs and gave it a bit of an Ombre' look using ink and a sponge.  Tied it up with some Baker's Twine from my stash and felt like going to a party!!

Speaking of parties..... there is a fun party going on at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog. This weeks's celebration is made extra special because it is Colleen Foelker's birthday!! Colleen is not only a DTM for Seize the Birthday but she is the owner of the One Smile Lifts a Spirit blog



Check out this fun challenge blog and be sure to visit Colleen and wish her a Happy Birthday!


I have been having so much fun sharing some of my favorite pictures with you from the beautiful area we've moved to.  I want to say a special thank you to all of you who have left such delightful comments about them! : )  it is really my pleasure to share them with you.

Today I have a couple Rocky Mountain Goat pictures.  We have seen these amazing animals twice in the wild since moving here last year.  This one was near the road just after we left Mt. Rushmore one day.  We were super close but unfortunately I only had my "point and shoot" camera with me so the quality is not very good.



The next time we saw one of these goats it was on the side of these rocky cliffs.



Don't squint your eyes because the goat is not in this picture! LOL We didn't even have a camera with us that day! I could have kicked myself!  The goat was nearly to the top of the main rock formation there.  It is shocking how they can actually climb around on those craggy - uneven rocks!!



This picture was captured at Bear Country USA - it is a wildlife park.  It would have been a great shot if the goat hadn't moved it's head! LOL But the tree is sharp! giggles oh well can't win em all - you can still see how incredible these creatures are.

We have enjoyed an incredible weekend!! so warm and spring like!! It is really hard to stay indoors on days like this!! But pretty soon the sun will set and maybe you can guess where I might be!  I've been working on a card for the ColourQ challenge.  I've thrown out several attempts so far! I might not make that challenge : ( shucks sometimes things just don't make it from my head to my paper. : )

Thank you so much for stopping by!! Have a great day!

Patti

16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I am swooning over that beautiful ombre sentiment Patti!! Your card is so festive and happy. I'm enjoying your photos so much. I need to remember to show these to my hubby!!

sandie said...

First amazing photos, great to see where you live. I love the design of your card, adore the glitter stars x

Birgit said...

Your card is so full of yummy layers! I love the ombre inking and soft colors, allowing those brilliant shiny blue stars to shine through. Sweet, sweet card, Patti! Your pictures are so fabulous too, but I'm glad you told us not to squint looking for the goat because I was squinting and thought I needed new glasses. ha!
Thanks also for sharing that verse with me the other day. God's Word is new and relevant every day! Just the encouragement needed. Hugs~

Kelly said...

love the glittery stars and the ombre ink on the sentiment!!

Jeanne said...

Your card looks terrific. Lots of great colors. I adore your photos. My husband is from Sioux Falls, SD. We've visited there often, but not the Mt. Rushmore area. My older daughter asked if we could next time we visit. Then maybe I will see some of these fabulous vistas. Thanks for sharing. :)

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! What a stunning card Patti!! Love the blending blue tones and those sparkly stars!! :) Thanks for sharing your fun photos from your adventures!! Some day I look forward to doing the same!! HUGS

maria f. said...

Almost forgot I came here to say "what a party on a card" - love your card. And wow - amazing picture of that guy straight on with his ears perked up and his horns. Beautiful creature.

Julie B said...

You are right about that die it looks fab, another one to add to the wish list! :)

Nancy said...

Patti this is one of my favorite cards in the huge gallery this week! Nice job! Love your photography skills too! You live in paradise! So glad you linked up with us over at Seize the Birthday and hope to see you in the gallery again soon!

Nora Noll said...

Your card is AMAZING!! I love the colors and the blending on it. I so wanted this set but it was out by the time I went to order it so another time!! LOVE your photos of the fun wildlife. How cool you get to see this!!

Unknown said...

Totally love this card (and the photos) but really love the depth and colors of this card. Great job!

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness this is one amazing birthday card, every detail is perfect! Wow! You have the best picture too, Patti! Thanks for sharing them with us.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Well I love shaker cards and I know this isn't one but it has the same look so I love it! Also love that sparkly expensive paper! Beautiful birthday celebration card - this is a great colour combo too! Thank you for sharing your photos - I love animals - you've seen so many different ones - we would have to go to a zoo to see this kind of wildlife!

Jane Knudsen said...

Seriously, you must stop making such fantastic cards! Is that mean to say? LOL! Another masterpiece. Those colors are some of my favorites!!

Peanut said...

The card design is truly gorgeous. Love the ombre effect. And what about that handsome beast?! WOWZER!
x Asha

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing photos...so impressive I must say. And your card is amazing too, so fun and festive!