Thursday, March 3, 2016

Sending You Sunshine!

I hope to send out some sunshine to my friends in blogland today! as well as to someone who is sick in the hospital.


 This is a late post today but I have been unexpectedly busy!! Still I did not want to miss the deadline for a new challenge blog that I have found thanks to Donna from design by Donna



I'm very happy to have found the Send A Smile 4 Kids group and am excited to make many more cards to send "the kids"!  Please check out the "About Us" tab on their blog for all the details.   

The amazingly talented designer at Papertrey Ink, Betsy Veldman, has challenged us in this week's Make It Monday to create an Ombre Stenciled Background.  I didn't have any stencils so I rushed out to buy some.  In two days I've become a stenciling fool!!



I not only stenciled my background I stenciled my bunnies too! : ) 

How is it that I can have this much SCHTUFF and still need more! but I certainly do....right?? !! Good thing we have Darnell and her wonderful good!! NBUS challenges to help us to put all those needed supplies to good use.  This card is all about NBUS! every thing including the paper is NBUS - oops - not the ink - or the tiny string on bunnie's neck! but everything else!! : )



I designed my card in response to the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches



Because I wanted to combine these two challenges - I was challenged in how to get the vertical strip as the design shows while still keeping my Ombre background.  What I decided to do was to simply cut my paper - add two additional pieces of card stock just behind the center section "bumping it up" : )

Thank you FMS and PTI and Darnell for all the fun!! Please check out each of these challenge blogs and by all means consider joining the efforts at Send a Smile 4 kids!!



My photo today is for Leigh Penner of "To the Full" blog : ) I might get to meet Leigh when she visits South Dakota this summer!! Our plan is to meet at this lake!! Maybe we'll see Nicholas Cage! or find a National Treasure of our own!! : ) 

Thanks a bunch for stopping by! Have a great night.

Patti

Supplies:
Simply Spring Borders stamp and die set from PTI



26 comments:

Barb said...

Of course we always need new stuff Patti and you used yours ingeniously to create the desired ombre look. Good on you for spreading some sunshine around where most needed.

Jen Mitchell said...

Sunshine for sure on this card! The bunnies are just too cute and your sponged background is fabbo!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh is this ever cute!! Your stenciling looks fabulous and those bunnies are so sweet. I would love to run into Nicolas Cage, he's my fave!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

such a beautiful and soft background! I love it!

Kathryn A said...

This is adorable!! Love your bunnies dancing across the beautifully sponged and stenciled background!

Jeni Jenne said...

The tiny bow on the bunny is what did me in! Just precious!

Peanut said...

oh my! how adorable are those bunny rabbits! .... and OH MY! how amazing is that view!!! Thanks for sharing, Patti.:)
hugs Asha

Manuela said...

ohh how cute, your background looks super! And what a wonderful place at the lake.

Birgit said...

What a sweet, sweet card with all those adorable little bunnies! Your blending and stenciling is so soft and lovely. I really need to work on making a soft look. I love your idea of popping up the vertical panel. So clever!! I especially love the new challenge that you discovered and all that it stands for. What a fabulous outreach!! And finally, how lucky for both you and leigh to be able to meet at that beautiful spot. Just to meet in general is a real blessing!! Have a great day Patti! :0)

paperkicks said...

So cute! Love the sweet, simple style!!

Jeanne said...

Oh goodness, this is full of all kinds of happiness. Those bunnies are adorable. Adore them in polka dots. The sentiment is awesome and I love the bitty grass stamp that crosses the width of the page. Your stenciled background looks great, too. And then that photo! Oh my...that is one gorgeous scene. I hope you do get to me your friend. How fun would that be!?! Thanks so much for sharing and for the sweet comment you left on my blog. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

lainey said...

My first thoughts on this are sweet and adorable! Those little bunnies on that ombre background are just screaming Spring to me.

designbydonna said...

Your card will certainly bring sunshine and smiles to someone. Those bunnies are just so cute. Love the stencil sponging too. I glad to hear you will be donating to Send A Smile 4 Kids. Such a worthy cause.

OH Babs said...

Great use of the design and such a cute card. I began sending to SAS4K at the end of last year and it is a worthy cause. Your photos are just beautiful and I enjoy seeing what your new surroundings look like, keep em coming.

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! Such sweet bunnies!! :) Love your blending color and thanks for sharing the wonderful photo!! Happy weekend!

Linda said...

Adorable card and great take on Betsy's challenge. I know what you mean about still needing more things when I already have so much, but they keep coming out with such neat stamps and supplies.

Greta said...

What a gorgeous lake! Hopefully ours will be full of water this year so we can enjoy it again. Your card is just adorable--love the bunnies & how you added the extra layer per the sketch & great job with the MIM technique! I finished my card but have been waiting for more light to take the picture--may have to just do it as the sun is hiding.

Leigh Penner said...

I appreciate the sunshine, Patti, as it's been cloudy all day here and it snowed this morning!
Your card is super sweet -- I love it! Fabulous ombre stencilling, too!

Joyce said...

What a wonderfully adorable card. I love all your stencilling, especially those cute bunnies.

Helen F. said...

Very sweet card for someone in the hospital, it's sure to bring a smile! Fabulous background stencil and ombre technique, Patti

Kelly said...

love your line of bunnies where the butterfly is located on the sketch, love that interpretation.

Amy O said...

Those bunnies are adorable, and I love the stenciled, ombre background.

sandie said...

What a cute card, fab ombré background and love the little bunnie with the bow ties xx

Jen Timko said...

Absolutely darling!! Love the stenciling and those adorable bunnies! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jane Knudsen said...

So adorable! Those bunnies remind me of an old Bonanza episode where Hoss and Little Joe decide to raise rabbits and the rabbits start to overrun the Ponderosa. LOL! OK - maybe I am just cracking me up but that is what I thought of when I saw them! Super cute Ms Patti!

Kim Heggins said...

Another fabulous photo...just gorgeous and your card is so sweet too. Love those wonderful little bunnies!!!