Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Enjoy a Lovely Easter

Edited to add:




Wow talk about exciting! I was surprised and blessed to receive this honor from this great challenge blog! 

Good morning friends! I hope your day is off to a wonderful start!



My card today is in answer to the Challenge at Curtain Call.  I really love the challenges at Curtiain Call.  I think it is because of their beautiful inspiration photos! Don't you just wanna bite into that beautiful cupcake!?



I wanted to bring out that dreamy white frosting in the inspiration photo so I used a lot of white space on my card.  I'm not sure what is up with my lighting - I struggled to capture the lime green color in this card.  I used Limeade Ice ink! that is "lim-ey" right?! giggles



My design was inspired by CAS(E) this sketch! another super fun challenge blog.  One of the things I like most about challenges is that they really get me thinking outside of the box! I appreciate these challenge blogs very much!!  Please consider joining Curtain Call and CAS(E) this sketch!.



There is a lookout area on the Needles Highway where oodles of Chipmunks hang out.  They are obviously used to the tourists giving them treats because they are just as friendly as they can be.  Here our grandson has them eating unsalted sunflower seeds right out of his hand!!



Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day!!

Patti

Supplies:

Quilted Spring stamp set by PTI
Quilted Spring die by PTI
Sentiment from the Simply Spring Borders Stamp set by PTI
Limeade Ice ink by PTI
Solid white cs by PTI
Lemon Tart cs by PTI


22 comments:

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card Patti. The spring colors and flowers are so refreshing.

I Card Everyone said...

Patti, your citrus-y colors are gorgeous, and I LOve your sassy panel, and layered blooms! Thanks for joining us at CTS!
=]

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty & fresh-feeling! Wonderful take on the sketch and on the inspiration photo!
And that photo is very fun!

*Vicki* said...

What a beautifully refreshing color combo and a gorgeous floral design too!! I love how your flower is popped up over the frame!! :) HUGS

*Vicki* said...

What a beautifully refreshing color combo and a gorgeous floral design too!! I love how your flower is popped up over the frame!! :) HUGS

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY design!!

sandie said...

This is full of citrus delight! Love the angles on this and the subtle layering x

Linda said...

Patti, such a beautiful card. And those chipmunks are as cute as can be.

Birgit said...

Hi Patti! I love your sweet, sweet card! Isn't the inspiration photo just so yummy? Your photo of the little chippies steals the show though! They're so cute!!

Diane said...

Oh fabulous yellow colors and darling card design Patti. What a super cute picture.

Hugs Diane

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card Patti. I love the greens and yellows together -- so calming.

Colleen said...

Patti, I love this card and that stamp set... so pretty and the inspiration photo is delicious! YES, Greta would be the one from GG's Creations. We had so much fun chatting with her at lunch... she is so funny and such a delight! Hugs!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oooh, this card is so dreamy! I love the subtle shades of lime green.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous design Patti, this is gorgeous!! I LOVE chipmunks and this picture is priceless!! That little guy studding up is a hoot!!!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card. I adore the colors! Fun photo with the chipmunks. :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Yes, I do want a bite of that yummy cake haha! Your card is gorgeous - I love how you combined the frame and the angled panel! And OMGoodness those chippies are sooooo cute! There is a park about 2 hours from here that we visit in the summer and the chippies do the same thing - it really is something to experience. The chickadees also eat out of our hands. Just hold your hand out and they land there to eat the sunflower seeds. Your photo reminded me of this fun place and we definitely need to go back this summer! So fun!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love your wonderful design with that sweet quilt background. The yellow and lime green are wonderful together. Those chipmunks are as cute as can be.

Jane Knudsen said...

LOVE this card! The colors the layout the whole shebang. You have such a great eye for card designing. This card left me speechless!

Beth F. said...

I love the beauty of this card! I love the quilting theme on it. Bright and cheerful, sure to bring a smile to someone!

Hannelie said...

A beautiful card Patti! So good to see you back in the craft room!
Thanks for joining us at CTS!

Peanut said...

What a sweet card, Patti. Gorgeous spring colours. Oh those cute chipmunks... I'm thinking Alvin and friends! Eeeek!
x Asha

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful Easter card Patti, love your colour theme and great layout too. And what a fab photo of Chip'n Dale and their buddy ;)