Saturday, March 12, 2016

Made you laugh!



The CASology challenge blog Cue Card is "Laugh" and oh how many laughs you will get as you visit the talented DT and gallery this week.



My card uses some of the first images I bought when I began stamping in about 1997.  Tells you something about my personality huh?!?   heeheehee



I just love her sassy face : ) I modernized her a bit using a polka dot stencil from Heidi Swapp.

My design was inspired by this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches



Speaking of laughter I thought I would share a fun picture I took a several years ago.  This is a picture of my granddaughter having a blast with a wild burro from Custer State Park here in SD.

She is feeding him peanuts from her hand. Can you zoom in to see the burro's tongue and the peanut!?

During the gold rush days burros were used to help the miners with their supplies.  When the rush was over the burros were left behind. The burros in Custer State Park are descendants of those pack animals.



There is a sort of love affair between the burros and the tourists! The burros know when they see a car it means a treat! Everyone who comes to visit us loves to feed the donkeys!

Thank you for stopping by today and for your comments! They really make my day!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:
Image and sentiment from The Angel company
Stencil by Heidi Swapp
Papers by PTI


22 comments:

Karren said...

Ha! This card is hilarious - love the sentiment! And fabulous photos of the burros.

Lisa Lara said...

Cute pic with the burro. Love that. What a cute card Patti. I love your layout.

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card! What a fun image! Love the cuuute photos! TFS :)

Lisa Elton said...

HA!!! What a FUN sentiment and I love the nose in the air, I'm better than everyone, look on that cat's face!!! this is a winner Patti!!

Helen F. said...

Ha! Love the Catitude! This is such a fun card, Patti. Awesome pics of your granddaughter and burros :-)

Hannelie said...

A real princess she is! Thanks for the laugh... and for playing at Casology!

Lynne in NI said...

Ha great card, I can see why you loved that kitty!
Love the photos too, donkey's have the cutest faces :)

Jeanne said...

Great card! Goes to show really that stamps never go out of style! :) Great photo of your granddaughter! Look at the big smile! Too funny that you caught the burro going for the peanut like that. Great job!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a funny card and fun pictures!

Jen W. said...

Patti, I LOVE this! That sassy feline has made my day! I love that you used a hot pink card base and the tiny bow is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Patti! Thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes! They mean a lot to me! Just wanted to pop in one last time before I go to wish you a Happy Spring! So glad I did! This card is totally up my alley! Love the kitty and love the sentiment! Gave me a good chuckle! I like your photos as well - your grand-daughter is having a blast! I'll see you sometime in May!

Aileen said...

Great card, love the sentiment and stamp used. Looks wonderful

Amy O said...

The stamp may be an oldie but it's still a goodie. Love the stenciled background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I can identify! Fun sentiment! And what a cute picture of your granddaughter! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Judy1223 said...

I love that this was one of your first stamps...very sassy and fun! Great subtle polka dots, and I adore that tiny, fine bow! Thanks for playing along at CASology! (And thanks for the laugh...those pics are fun!)

Peanut said...

LOL What a fabulous card, Patti! You continue to amaze me with shots of your lovely new neighbourhood.
x Asha

*Vicki* said...

Super fun image Patti!! :) You DID make me laugh!! Thanks for sharing your fun photos too!! HUGS

Marlena M. said...

Your granddaughter is beautiful~what a sweet pic! LOVE the card, and I concur. ;)

Claire said...

What a great stamp! Love that sentiment - that cat has got such a classic, haughty face..it really did make me giggle!

Kim Heggins said...

So much fun and I love your photos too.

Jane Knudsen said...

I love the snarkiness of this! Perfectly put together! I love to see what you create and love the treat we get by getting the photos of your new "home"!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm pretty sure I've got a kitty like that in my house! Fun card! And I love the up-close and personal pics of the burros!