Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mojo Monday and Use It! challenges


With Rae's Use It Challenge in mind I grabbed some black for my card base, 4 different patterned papers, a Glitter gel pen and some ribbon. I then proceeded to go mad! ok, slight exaggeration! I had to change my paper selections so many times I almost threw the whole idea in the trash! LOL In the end I tried my very best to use 4 different papers and if you really stretch your imagination I did get 4 different papers in this card but I think I failed this challenge! LOL

I have had very limited paper crafting time the past two weeks so I thought I would combine this important card for a good friend graduating Dental Hygienist School with the Use It Challenge and the Mojo Monday Challenges. I really loved the Mojo Monday sketch this week. If you struggle to find motivation for your card designs I would definitely recommend this wonderful and challenging blog!

I hope you like my card - it isn't the most amazing fit for my two challenges but if the weekly challenges are supposed to motivate us to get out of our "box", get our "Mojo" moving and use up our vast amount of product then I ACED these challenges.

Thanks for looking and please leave a comment I love hearing from you!!

Patti

Supplies Used:
Solid cardstock in black and light yellow by: "Stampin Up", Green polka dotted paper by: "Around the Block", and the colored polka doted paper and the pink strip under the ribbon are from the same double sided pp by "GCD Studios"
Image: "Dentabella" by: Stamping Bella, Sentiment by "Close to my Heart"

10 comments:

patti west said...

hi Patti...sweet card! That stamp is perfect for your graduating friend!

Susan said...

I not only love the card but I totally love how you positioned the sentiment to be part on the image and part off......I must "copy" that idea! Maybe I should go write that down. I always see great ideas and then I forget them.....do you think that is a sign of old age creeping up on me????

Judy said...

I think you did a great job on both challenges, Patti! Love the Bella too.

anja curvers said...

You did a great job on both challenges thank's for playing along with my challenge.

GiftsByHeidi said...

Great card!! That challenge seemed really hard but it looks like you nailed it. I thought 4 pieces of patterned paper would look busy, but yours looks great!

Unknown said...

Yes ma'am, I'd say that you ACED both challenges... fabulous take on the sketch, and way to use up those supplies for the Use It! challenge!!
Hope that all is well with you Ms. Patti ;)
hugs!!
~rae

Unknown said...

Darling card! Great job with the challenges!

Suzanne :O ) said...

what a perfect image! I don't think you could find a card in stores to fit this occasion! ;) I love the combo of papers, I think you did a great job! :D

scrappyyankee said...

Lovely card Patti!

((hugs))

Mickey

Anonymous said...

How perfect and you sure are nailing those challenges. You have just the right touch. Not too little not too much! Great card!