Friday, April 24, 2009

Spinner card


Cut a 5/8" slit in top layer card stock

Place one nickel under cardstock

add a round (it has to be round) foam dot to the nickel

place the second nickel on top of the first - sandwich foam dot in the middle


Place a piece of two sided tape on top of the nickel sandwich : ) Then place your image on top of the nickel.


Finally glue your top layer cardstock to your card base **Using a double thickness of foam tape** It is important that your foam tape is thick enough or else your nickels will not spin. Also be cautious that you do not place your foam tape too close to the opening causing interference for your nickels.


Holding your card in front of you - you can tilt it to the right and then to the left and your image (my fish in this case) spin and look totally cute! : )

Please ask if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them!

Also please let me know what you think ! : ) and tell me have you ever created a card that has moving parts??

Patti

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti, this card is totally cute! Thanks for the directions. I have never made a spinner card, but would love to try one sometime. Chris

Susan said...

I'm so glad you posted this tutorial!!!!! You make it look so easy....I will have to try it.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... Now I see it. How did I miss this? I saw your card and loved it. Must have been too excited : ) Great tutorial. Looks like I could even do it! I'm going to be trying this. Now if only I had a nickel...