Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sweet Mojo!



This card is my take on "Mojo Monday week 81" AND the "House Mouse Challenge #32" : ) I'm excited about it because I have never participated in the Mojo Monday challenge before. I have been admiring their challenges for some time now. I will post the sketch I attempted to follow below. For my House Mouse Challenge I was challenged to do "Something Sweet" : )
I used solid cardstock from core'dinations. It is a wonderful core paper that just "wants" : ) to be sanded. My patterned paper is called: "Picnic Table" by Flair Design. I combined two House Mouse Images, "Chef Amanda" and "What?" I used "Masking Magic" to mask the little mouse enabling me to stamp one stamp on top of the other giving the illusion that my curious little mouse is looking closely at what the chef is stirring : ). If you would like more information about this technique please let me know and I will try to explain it better : )
I used a sticker from Creative Imaginations as my sentiment and for the "Yum Yum" strip on the right side of my card. I sanded each element on the card from the paper to the stickers. I used a sponge to apply some brown ink around the image to carry the baked cookie! look : ) I know it makes ME want some chocolate chip cookies! LOL
In addition to these two challenges I selected these products from my friend, Barb's Scrapbook Store. I will give this card to her to put on display to give her customers inspiration (and hopefully they will purchase these same products from her and "lift" my design! : )

Thanks for looking! : ) Patti

10 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a wonderful card! BR-T

Heather said...

Gorgeous card and such fabulous colours. Love that cute beautifully coloured image.
Thanks for joining us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

scrapperjulia said...

This is a great card! I love the shape of the background that the mouse is on! Great job with both challenges!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh how fun! this is a perfect stamp for the sweet challenge and I love the way you cut the main image! :)
Happy Easter!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Cute card Patti, I've never participated in those Monday mojo challenges but you're going to make me give in! Love their sketches, love that paper you used too.

Judy said...

Hi Patti! So happy you got to do a Mojo sketch. As you know, that is one of my favorite challenges. My week doesn't feel complete if I don't do a Mojo and a House Mouse. I love how you put the other little mouse next to Chef Amanda. I need to get some of those little mice. Your papers and the sentiment are perfect too! TFS!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is one beautiful card and you are right it will fit the two challenges beautifully. Love the images and the techniques you have used.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Karen said...

i just love that card and that house mouse is so awesome

Janice W. said...

Hi Patti,
Adorable as usual!!! I haven't tried the Mojo challenge yet but you are tempting me. Thanks for sharing.
:)Janice

Anonymous said...

What a FANTASTIC card. I adore it. everything about it. the images , the paper, the sketch, the coloring . . I'll have to find out a bit more about the masking magic. Because the way you have that mouse watching Amanda is perfect.
she shoots . . and she scores again!