Saturday, April 18, 2009

Perk Up!!


Here is my Mojo Monday card : ) I am not really sure what Mojo means....maybe I don't want to know LOL! but maybe it is like a big cup of old fashioned percolated coffee! : ) I just love this little gal : ) We used to have percolator like this... ok, well not exactly like this! ours didn't have legs *wink*. The image is from a set by Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps called "Coffee & Tea" there are some really sweet old fashioned images in this set. I am having fun playing with it.

My pink paper is a two-sided paper by WorldWin. The dark pink is on one side and the light pink on the other so when I scalloped the bottom edge it made a nice layered look. I used Cuttlebug "Bloom Dots" as my embossing folder and "lifted" the idea of placing pink circles inside some selected flowers from my friend Cheryl Hellem. Cheryl did this technique on a card she made for a swap I hosted and I love the look! I highlighted the percolator with my Stardust glitter Gel Pen by Sakura. The rest of the supplies I used were simply scraps from my bin. I'm working hard to use up my scraps these days!!

LOVED this sketch : ) Thank you so much for the inspiration. I hope you like my card - I do, it makes me smile. I plan to send it to my SIL, Joan. I hope it "perks her up too!
Have a great weekend!!
Patti

9 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh what a great image lol. Love your style.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Judy said...

This is so cute, Patti! I love the colors you used and that little coffee pot is too cute. BTW - Mojo is just a funky, hip word that more or less means "inspiration." So now ya know. :)

Cindy Haffner said...

So cute Patti, great colors.

Jeanne Forsyth said...

Its funny you mentioned the meaning of Mojo, as earlier today I happened to look it up... charm or magic spell is what I came up with for what it's worth! Love your site, and thanks for visiting mine;-) This card is very cute - I'm sure it will cheer up the SIL, how could it not~

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is adorable, love that image! You did a great job with the card, the sentiment is perfect for it!

Susan said...

Patti I stumbled onto these stamps last month and thought they were just the cutest ever! I have them on my wish list to purchase one day. After seeing your card I want them even more now. Your card is so cute!

Anonymous said...

How could it not perk her up?! It's so cute and adorable. I really like the sketch and the paper you used. Your card is magnificent !

Hugs,
Lisa

Michelle Pearson said...

What a great idea you borrowed from Cheryl! I like it too...will have to file that one away in my memory!!

Love your little perky card...we've been chasing little tummy bugs around our house this past week.....we're trying hard to kick them out already! Your SIL will love this card!!

scrappyyankee said...

What an adorable card! That image is just too cute. Reminds me of my mom's percolator.

((hugs))

Mickey