Wednesday, January 15, 2020

CAS Christmas card challenge

Hello ladies : )  I hope you are having a great week.  I have been enjoying lots of card making so far in 2020 so that means the year is off to a wonderful start for me!!

I realized way too late in 2019 that I failed to keep up on my Christmas card making and have challenged myself not to leave those cards to be crammed into my December schedule again this year.  The best way for me to accomplish my goal is to join Loll's Christmas card challenge as often as I can!  You can join too - there is plenty of time.  See her newest challenge HERE.



My card was quick and easy! I used one of my favorite Make It Market kits from Papertrey Ink, Wonderland.  I can't say for sure but as best I can tell it is no longer available from PTI but HERE is a link that I found.  I hope it helps.




I used a pre-printed tag from the kit and added a skater that I stamped in black ink and attached to the "rink" using double stick foam tape.  This was added to my white card stock which had been embossed with "Falling Snow" by Stampin Up, which also appears to be discontinued.

BIG (((hugs)))










18 comments:

Colleen said...

Fabulous Tag card, Patti, and I am so glad you joined us at CAS Christmas, is really is a wonderful way to keep ahead of the stress of making cards right in the midst of all the holiday activities! I will look for you again and again in the gallery, I love to see your creations and you smiling face! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Mac Mable said...

I am so glad you are finding time to craft Patti. A beautiful CAS Christmas card and I love the addition of the silhouette skater to the pre-printed tag, which is so pretty x.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Patti! Love that there's lots going on here on the tag portion, yet it's still a CAS card! Beautiful work!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card in true Patti style!! I always loved that Wonderland kit but never did end up purchasing it...wish I had now! The tag looks so delightful against the softly falling snow background...all that white with just a pop of color is SOOOOO pretty!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

The bright red looks so pretty against your white snowfall! This is pretty Patti. I need to follow your lead and start earlier on my Christmas cards too!

kiwimeskreations said...

The black, silhouette skater looks amazing with the red background - a wonderful tag Patti
Blessings
Maxine

Jane Willis said...

That skater is a wonderful addition to the tag, she's absolutely perfect for the scene.
Jane
Guest Designer at CAS Christmas

Barbara said...

Good idea to be ready for Christmas 2020. I think it is refreshing to see that you use your older dies and kits. I love this tag card as it is quick and CAS and Beautiful. Going to check out the challenge.

Jeanne said...

Ooooh, so happy you have been able to create lots of cards. Hopefully that means you'll be sharing them, too! Love your projects. This card included. The addition of the skaer is brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a great card and a wonderful little scene you created. I agree....get started early on the Christmas cards.

*Vicki* said...

What a perfect little tag scene for your skater! Love the red, black and white striking colors for this! Beautifully done! :)

I Card Everyone said...

I just love your darling little tag … good for you, Patti! Your Christmas card stash will be well stocked by November!
=]

Vikki H said...

Your sweet sky’s we finished the tag perfectly, Patti! 😍

Kim Heggins said...

Simply breathing tag...love your beautiful ice skater!

Loll said...

This is so pretty, Patti! LOVE the freshness of the red and white. And what a cute shaped tag! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Christine Alexander said...

great scene on your tag, thanks for joining us at CAS Christas :)

Bonnie said...

What a fun tag, Patti! Love that skater and the snowy background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Nance said...

What a fabulous and gorgeous card, Patti! That tag is so fun with the ice skater. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas.