Thursday, January 16, 2020

Poof! It's your birthday



I have some silly cards for you today that I had a lot of fun creating.

My great nephew Caleb is turning 3 next week. When I was pondering a design for his card I decided I wanted to make a card with a little movement.  I think "interactive" cards are really neat for little kids (and big kids too!) so I decided to play with some of my Black Friday" finds.



Here is what happens when you lift the flap...


The pajamas don't miraculously change color when you lift the flap! LOL but when I finished Caleb's card I liked it so much I made two more cards for two other youngsters on my birthday card list.



For the flap closure I used a real super fine Velcro tape.  I have not been able to find a link to the exact 3M tape I used but HERE is one that looks like it is the same.  It is a really nice product because it is thin and has a very light hold - perfect for use on cards!!



My design was inspired by the AAA Cards challenge game #156 found HERE.  I hope you will join me in the gallery - but you better hurry this one ends soon!!!

That is it for me today.  Have a wonderful weekend!!

BIG (((hugs)))


Supplies:
Lift The Flap Circles by Lawn Fawn
Sweet Dreams stamp set by Papertrey Ink (discontinued)







15 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a delightful card for a child Patti - this is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanne said...

Such a fun card! Great for a kid and a kid at heart. Love the colors you chose. Bright and happy. Hugs!

*Vicki* said...

Awe! Your cards are so adorable Patti! Love the lifting flap with the fun sentiment idea along with your colorful jumper!! What a fun interactive card to give to a toddler! He'll love it! HUGS

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a super fun card design, Patti! I agree about interactive cards - they are a lot of fun! I hope to try something like this at some point - I'm not very adventurous but I tried a few new folds last year so maybe now it's time for some interactive cards! Love the 3 colourways! have a great weekend!

Mac Mable said...

Such fun cards and I can see why you wanted to make a couple more. You brought a happy smile to my face ....thank you x. Such creative, cute and fun cards Patti x.

Lisa Elton said...

I was seriously examining your card to figure out how those PJs changed colors LOL!! This is adorable and Caleb will love it!

Nancy said...

I am loving those polka-dotted PJ'S Patti! I don't make interactive cards very much at all but you have definitely piqued my interest with these! Well done!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is such a fun card and sentiment. Perfect for little hands.

Jane said...

Oh what a fabulous idea! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

I Card Everyone said...

Here I was, pondering 'how did she make those pjs change color?' I hadn't quite scrolled far enough, HA!!!
I couldn't love these more, Patti … what a wonderful growing older sentiment stamp!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute and so much fun!!!! Just love your sweet card.

Kara Lynne said...

Those birthday cards are fantastic! I love those polka dotted PJs and the sentiment is all together too true, kids grow up so fast! Such fun, interactive cards, Patti!

Joy Dsouza said...

Such an adorable and fun card. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
- Joy

Quillish said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the soft colors and the interactive element. Thank you for joining us at AAA cards, hugs ~ Ishani.

Bobby said...

Such cute and fun cards, Patti.